Sneak Out!

Giyuu's POV

Hmm? I'm in a forest?

I try to touch the tree but... it penetrates??? I look at my feet and I realize that I'm floating! What kind of dream is this?!!

Wait, kind of to think of it... this is fun! Wee~

...(A few moments later -_-')...

Ahahahaha! This is so much fun! Too bad this isn't real.

*Swish!*

Eh? What was that?

"Aaaaaahhh!" *Slice!*

A person's scream and a sword slashing right after it...

Hmm... since this is just a dream, it's harmless to take a peek, right? I float towards the source of the sound effortlessly. I hide behind a tree branch just in case that they might see me. Then, I see four people around my age. I rub my eyes to make sure I'm not hallucinating or something but my effort is in vain.

There, stood a very familiar boy wearing a warding mask that had been decorated with a large scar on it. The other boy on the ground looks exactly like me but he's bleeding. What did I just see right now?

"I'll leave him in your care." Right after he said that he dashes towards another voice that screams for help.

"Wait! Sabito! SABITO!" The other two drag my doppelganger away. Wait for a second, this is the Final Selection! But I don't remember this scene! We're supposed to team up with other slayers!

I decide to follow 'Sabito' because I'm starting to worry.

*Slice! Slice!*

As I arrive at the scene, I see Sabito slicing a morphed demon's hands while telling the other kid to run for his life. The demon... isn't that the hand demon Yoru said that he had slain three years ago?

"Hehehehe... another fox has come to me~ I'll make sure Urokodaki will suffer another loss. I promised myself to kill each of his students and you're no exception." The demon then chuckles darkly. Sabito grits his teeth and he take his stance before launching an attack.

"Breath of Water, Fourth Form: Striking Tide!" Sabito makes multiple consecutive slashes while twisting his body in a flowing fashion similar to the harsh tide, slashing the arms aimed towards him. He leaps from the demon's arm, reaching the neck.

"First Form: Water Surface Slash!" Sabito's sword reaches its neck... but it broke...

His face... he's horrified. That's the last thing I see before one of the demon's hands crush his head.

*SPLAT!*

My eyes widen as my blood boils in anger. Tears start forming from the corner of my eyes as I see Sabito being devoured by the demon.

I grip on something as I contain my anger. I feel useless. I let him die in front of me. I can't do anything. My grip tightens on... something soft?

*Gasp!* I jolt up from my nightmare and check my surroundings. Sabito is sleeping peacefully, breathing softly. He's alive. "Phew, it's just a nightmare..." I whisper to myself. The soft thing is just the blanket.

 The soft thing is just the blanket