Day off

Kyojuro's POV

It has been a week since the last time we saw oniichan. I... missed him already. He might be cold at first, but once he shows his warmth, it's addictive. I don't know how little Senjuro-Kun got attached to him, but filling oniichan's shoes is hard! I can't constantly make an emotionless face in front of Senjuro-Kun. I have to put him to sleep so that I can make my normal face again.

On top of that, oniichan is such a great person! I admire him the most. I wonder what he's doing right now.

Somehow... I feel uncomfortable. Did something bad happen to him? 

Stop it! Oniichan is strong! He returned from the final selection without a scratch! He even... ambushed us shortly after that...*irk mark appears* Let's not remember that day.

"Kaw! A message! A message!" I see a crow flying above our house in circles.

Eh? A Kasugai Crow? But that's not oniichan's crow. His crow is much louder than this one.

"What? Is it about Yoru-kun?!!" Obanai-kun asks me.

"Let's check it out!" We both run towards my father who is standing right in front of the house. The crow lands on his right arm.

"Kaw! I have a message from Oyakata-sama!"

What?!! Isn't that the current leader of the Demon Slayer Corps?!!

"He has chosen Yoru Rengoku to become a Pillar! But, instead of the Flame Pillar, he grants him a position of the Twilight Pillar! This decision is due to Yoru's annihilation of 41 demons in one night! There's no such mission, in the beginning, he did it in his free time right after his first mission! After total up his kills, he already killed 50 demons and above! Kaw!"

Obanai and I have cold sweats on our faces after hearing the news. Oniichan... is terrifying!

41 kills in one night?!! Voluntarily?!! Became a Pillar in just a few days?!! Just how strong is he?!!

Father's jaw drops. He too looks terrified. "T..thank you for telling me. I'll accept whatever Oyakata-sama decision is with my whole heart! Is there anything else about Yoru-Kun?"

"Kaw! It's not included in the message, but I'll tell you what I know so far! Yoru Rengoku has unlocked his Demon Slayer mark! His eyes turn red with black tomoes when he activates it! My crow friend that works for him said that the demons become terrified of him on that night and even try to run away!"

Gulp! Even the demons are terrified of him?!!

"...Thanks again. Please send my regards to Oyakata-sama."

"Kaw! Sure thing!" The crow finally flies off to the sky.

Father falls onto the ground with his arms supporting him. There's a mysterious spotlight that shines on his depressed figure. "D...Demon Slayer Mark? In his eyes? Yoru-Kun... what kind of extra training that you did? You even surpass me at such a young age. I can't imagine what will happen when you grow up someday."