Chapter 9

Recap (Max POV)

Before either of us could say anything our lips collided
"I have work to do now, see you tomorrow" ~ Max
"Sir" ~ Tul

"We have a mission tonight" ~Max
"Yes sir" ~ Tul
"When are you going to give me attention?" ~ Max
"What do you mean" ~ Tul
I was about to respond when I was cut off by a knock at my office
"What is it?" ~ Max
"We are ready to leave" ~ Saint
"On my way" "I'll claim you sooner or later" ~ Max

"Meet in Mr Lang's office at lunch" ~Max
"Sir" ~ Tul

"Your mothers in hospital" ~ Max
"How long" ~ Tul
"Few days" ~ Max
"I see - anything else?" ~ Tul
"I read your diary" ~ Max
"You what?" ~ Tul
"Hear me out" ~ Max
Tul ignored me and began walking out the room
"Tul Wait please" ~ Max
He ignored my pleads and left the room

End of recap - Present day (1 Week after talk in Mr Lang's room (3rd person POV))

Saint walks into Max's office to see him sitting not at his usual desk but at a table near one of his office windows. He doesn't announce himself and walks over to the spare seat opposite Max and sits down. "Still not talking to you?" Saint says as he adjusts himself in his seat. Max did not reply but remained staring out the window shaking his head. "I'm sure he'll forgive you".

Catching Max's attention he looks up at Saint with bloodshot red eyes. "I think I crossed the line this time," Max says while shaking his head sighing lightly to himself. "Don't overthink it" Saint tries to comfort Max, earning a little chuckle in return as Max speaks in a low tone "easier said than done" he says while wiping his eyes. "Anyway what is it you wanted to talk about?"

"Right, I wanted to talk to you about Tul's mother". Saint stops mid sentence knowing that this was one the reason him and Tul weren't talking. Max stood up tensing slightly as he made his way over to his desk, "go on" he says. Saint stands up, walking a few steps towards Max "She will arrive soon, Sir".

"Make sure she's comfortable and has everything she needs". Max says as he takes a seat at his desk picking up a piece of paper and reading it. Saint walks over to stand in front of the desk before speaking again. "Will you not greet her sir?" Saint asked being careful not to anger his boss. "No, now if you have nothing else to say please leave." Saint bowed showing his respect before turning and leaving the room.

"Oh and Saint..." Maxs calls out before he's able to leave the room fully. "Please inform Tul of her arrival and the formalities are necessary; we've been friends since childhood." he says not looking up but still reading the same piece of paper as before. "Yes si- I mean Max."

—————————>
(Tul's POV)

It's been a week since I found out my mother was in hospital and I cannot believe that today she will be coming to live with me. Finally the day has come where she'll be able to put all her worries aside and live in a peaceful and safe place.

I've been sitting at the window by the front door all morning waiting for her arrival and still there's been no sign of her. Saint said that she should be here in 20 minutes but that was almost 2 hours ago. Could it be traffic maybe?

I was almost asleep when I heard a car pulling up the driveway, I quickly scrambled to my feet looking out the window and when I saw her stepping out the car I smiled running out the door hugging her for what fell like the first time in forever. "Mother"