Chapter 11

A/N: sorry for the inconvenience on Feb 23 ... I accidentally deleted this CH. when deleting the A/N CH. as I found they were no longer relevant. So sorry my angels xx
——————————————————————
(Narrators POV)

It had been a few days since the incident in Tul's room and things between Max and Tul were awkward. There had been many misunderstandings between the two boys throughout the rest of that week where either there was miscommunication between what had been said or the actions that went alongside it. This behaviour didn't go unnoticed by anyone and eventually both boys began avoiding each other altogether.

It was now the weekend which meant that both boys would have to tolerate each other's presence for a full day as they had plans to meet with Mean and discuss further actions that would be taken towards The Orange Snake gang.

Tul woke up that morning already feeling the stress of the mission that was ahead of him. He crawled out of his bed and went to do his morning routine. He showered, brushed his hair and teeth, got dressed and had an awkward breakfast with Max and his mother before going to do his studies.

It was an hour before they were to leave to meet Mean when Tul began to have this sick feeling in his stomach. He felt that something was off and wasn't sure if it was the stress of the mission or had just worked too hard on his studies.

He closed the anatomy book which he was working on and lent back in his chair taking his glasses off and running his hands down his face. He let out a low groan as he let his arms flop down beside him.

"You alright over there?" The voice started as he sat up quickly in his chair looking over in the direction he had heard the voice. Over in the far left corner of the study was a maid doing her morning rounds. Tul couldn't believe that he hadn't heard her come in. He looked her up and down before answering. "I'm fine, just stressed. You're new here?"
"I am, my name's Jennie by the way. What are you stressing about?" the young girl who didn't look much older than Tul walked over putting her hand out for Tul to shake.

"I'm Tul and it's nothing really just some school studies" Jennie smiled looking at the book infront of Tul. "Anatomy first year. What were you working on?" Jennie asked, looking from the book to Tul. "The endocrine system and how the production of glucose is linked." Tul answered the girl sitting forward in his chair slightly.

"Isn't it linked when the body is in need of more glucose to produce energy. So the liver will store a substitute substance called glycogen which is produced when the pancreas produces a hormone. Insulin I think and it tells the liver to release its glycogen into the bloodstream to help with energy production and to help level out the glucose in the bloodstream?"

Tul looked at the girl shocked at her knowledge on level three human biology. Tul was about to respond when he was beaten to it by another's voice. "That's correct Jennie."
"Sir" Tul looked at the figure standing behind the young girl and saw him. The sight of him gave him butterflies but also made the sick feeling return.

Max walked over to the two briefly looking at Tul before returning his gaze to the girl who had her head bowed. "I see you've met my personal bodyguard Tul. You are sure to confirm your schedule with him as you two will have to work alongside each other as my personal maid and bodyguard."

"Yes sir" Jenny said lowering her head more before turning to leave. Once the girl had left Max sat in the seat opposite Tul. "You got yourself a personal maid?" Tul questioned raising an eyebrow. "Yeah annnnnd?"
"Nothing, though you'd think when you already have a living quarters full of maids you wouldn't need to hire another one for your personal satisfaction."
"It's not like that," Max said quickly to defend when Tul smired shaking his head a little laughing at how quickly Max was to get defensive.