Chapter 1

"Kitty, are you up yet?" The eight year old boy opened his sister's door dressed in his dressing gown and hugging on tightly to his pillow.

"Edward, it's 3:00 in the morning," Grudgingly, Katherine turned over and flicked her bedside lamp on, emitting a sea of pink across the room.

"But you spoke so you're obviously awake'" He giggled, not bothered about his sisters desire for sleep.
Katherine laughed in response as she tapped on her bed, motioning Edward to take a seat next to her.

"I had another nightmare," he confessed, thinking being honest with her was the best idea.

"So did I" Katherine also admitted, putting a face of confusion on her brother, though it wasn't a surprise: most of the kids in the house got similar night terrors at the same times. "Want to talk about it?" She offered. Jane had always convinced Katherine that the best way to cope with things was to talk about them first.

"No, not really" the boy answered honestly, hugging his pillow tighter.

"I have an amazing idea!" Katherine exclaimed, in an effort to distract Edward from the nightmare.

"What?"

"You know how Mum and Aragon never let us cook, we should make treats for everyone! It will be fun and we might be allowed to help in the future!"

"You mean... Baking!"

Edward always wanted to impress the other queens and their children. Throughout all his previous life, he constantly wondered if his Mum would be proud of him and if he was good enough and despite being told otherwise, he was often terrified that he wasn't.

Together they quietly crept downstairs, shutting all doors as they went.

"Where's the flour, Kitty?" He whispered as he climbed onto the kitchen side.

"Top left cupboard, "

"Do you actually know how to use an oven?" Edward asked with doubt written all over his face.

"I'm a 15 - year-old girl, I can probably work it out." Kat protested but Edward didn't look so sure "Besides, I did home economics in year 7"

About half an hour later, Kat got up off the sofa and headed back into the kitchen.
"Time to get them out now,"

The pair of them stared at the crown shape biscuits Katherine had placed on the table.

"Are they meant to be black?" Edward looked up at the girl, raising his eyebrows.

"I don't know" She gazed over to her brother before looking back at the biscuits.

By 5:00, they had tided up and made and iced all 8 biscuits: 2 yellow ones for Aragon and Mary, 2 green ones for Boleyn and Elizabeth, 2 white ones for Jane and Edward, 1 pink for Katherine and 1 blue for Parr. And a red 1 for Cleves. Katherine decided not to make one for Parr's daughter, May, because she wouldn't be old enough to eat them.

"Time to bring them up to the queens, " Katherine finally announced, holding the tray carefully in her palms.

"Yep"

A/N
Comment what you think xx