Chapter 35

"Did you get many presents today?" Catherine asked as the teens got in the car.
"Yep, " Katherine answered as she strapped in her seatbelt. "I got some pencils from Lucy, a bath bomb from Maria and a pop socket from Victoria"
"Nice,"
"Who's ready to PARTY!" Anne shouted dancing.
"Mum, seriously stop it, mum, mum, mum. I currently have friends so stop,"
"Lizzie, why don't you appreciate my dancing?" Anne gasped and put her hand on her chest, pretending to be offended.
"Because you look like a jellyfish..."
They discussed this the entire way home.
Right, go and get ready, ' Catherine instructed as she opened the door.

Time Skip

"Kitty, before you go, one last present!" Catherine exclaimed as she handed her a small box. She unwrapped the layer of wrapping paper to find a Iphone 11 pro box. Nervously, she lift the lid up to find a brand new 11 pro.
"A little bird told me someone was due an upgrade..." Catherine smiles.
"I can't... um... " Katherine was lost for words so then just gave a simple thank you.

Time Skip

Later that evening, Katherine was transferring her contacts over. Catherine sat next to her. She watched as the young girl insert her name into the phone. Katherine scrolled further on her old phone and stoped at Jane's name.
"You're putting Jane's number in?" Catherine asked before thinking.
Katherine didn't hesitate to answers
"If I need to talk to someone, I'll text her phone."Catherine nodded. "Sometimes, I just tell her about my day,"
Catherine nodded again,
"If it's any consolation, I've done the same,"

"I know this is a lot to ask Catherine, but will you take me to see Mum again?" Katherine pleaded.
"Kitty, It's 10:30," Catherine said tiredly.
"Please Catherine, I really need this,"
"Okay darling," She whispered softly, and picked up her coat.