Chapter 56

*Dedicated to @scribblingthestars *

"Kitchen, love" Cath led her wife down to the echoing shouts from the young couple.

"Cathy, I swear to god, that wasn't me."

"Well, how the hell did coffee get on my computer? Everything is on there! All of it! Every single piece of writing?" Cathy stood up.

"Cathy- I -"

"You're angry because I said no to us having a kid!" Taking a step closer, Cathy met Anne's eyes sharply, sending a pulse through Anne's body.

"No, I'm not angry about that. I actually understand why you said no, I just don't see why you wouldn't let me carry it! I get you don't want to die again, but seriously, why can't I carry it?"

"I said I don't want to have a kid right now! Accept it! In a relationship, there are two people! Not one, TWO!" Cathy shouted, subsequently, Cath putting her arms around her and pulling her away from the green Queen.

"I hate you!" Anne retorted, held back by the restraint of her eldest cousin.

"I hate you too!" Cathy exclaimed, tears threatened, a neat glaze over her eyes.

"Come on, Cathy, lets go somewhere else," Cath said softly, leading the 35 year old to the front door. "Let's get you a coffee,"

"Annie? What was that?" Jane whispered as the door shut.

"Cathy and I are in a bit of an argument, but we'll work it out, we always do," Anne sighed, returning the hug to her cousin.

"Okay. How long have you been together?" She asked softly, hoping she could trigger some sort of memory.

"A few months before you and Cath came out as a couple," She smiled, "We were out from the get go, though,"

"Oh, okay," Jane smiled.

Meanwhile, Cath and Cathy had just ordered Starbucks.

"Are you going to do it?" Cath asked softly, picking up their drinks and walking over to a spare table.

Cathy inhaled, hesitating slightly before giving a single nod. She pulled out her phone, and put it on loudspeaker.

"Hello?" Anne did the same as she answered the call.

"Hiya, Anne. It's Cathy,"

"Hi-"

"Anne look, I don't know how to say this, but this is the end. For us. We're over, I'm sorry," She whispered, biting her lip to stop the tears. She loved Anne, but she couldn't do this anymore. It wasn't fair. "Sorry Annie," She kept a whisper.

"Cathy, I-"

Cathy hung up.