Chapter 25

When the three returned home, everyone was worried and asking them questions.
"Katherine, where have you been?" Anne said wrapping an arm around her cousin's shoulder.
"To see Mum,"
"We were worried about you!"
"Catherine took us!"
"Hey calm down, we knew Catherine was with you, just where, we didn't,"
Katherine smiled.
"If I had thought any different, I'd have started a search party right now, " Anne continued.

- A few days later-

"Katherine, I have to sort Jane's room. Would you like to help?"
"Why? It's the last place she was, I go in there all the time!"
"Because it's a constant reminder,"
"Oh you want to forget her now! You're married to her, the last thing you want should be people forgetting about her!" Katherine shouted as she slammed the door and left.
Catherine hugged her knees and stared at her ring, she believed had failed Jane. That she wasn't looking after Katherine well or that wouldn't happen 24/7.
She decided to try to explain her reasoning behind her decision. Walking up to Katherine's door, she heard a sniffling from the room.
"Katherine, I just want to talk, " She went and sat on the girl's bed.
"I'm sorry Catherine, but if you want to talk about Mum's room, I don't want to hear it."
"Okay, if you feel that strongly, then we won't. Better?"
Katherine threw herself into a hug with Catherine,
"I'm sorry I said you wanted to forget her, I know that's not true, "
"She was already forgotten once, never will I let that happen again"