Chapter 12

Catherine had got home with the 3 teenagers about 2 hours ago, Jane wasn't feeling well and Anne was busy educating Elizabeth on why you shouldn't drink alcohol at 16.

"Elizabeth, you know you weren't supposed to drink that much,"

"Umm, she's 16, she shouldn't be drinking at all..." Catherine said from across the room.

"No, she shouldn't get drunk, drinking's fine..."

"Sorry, mum,"

"It's alright just, don't do it again."

During this, Catherine went to check the calendar. It's was October 23rd, tomorrow was Jane's death day. "Kitty, come here please!" she called out. She raced downstairs to find a disheartened Catherine.

"Kitty, you know what day it is tomorrow, don't you?" Katherine then checked her phone and looked up at Catherine.

"Yes, I do," She replied solemnly."Mum's going to need you, so please be there,"

"Of course I will, but that also means I've got to look after everyone else. And you know how upset Edward gets, hearing her scream and cry."

"I'll take him out somewhere, to like the park or something,"

"Go with Mary, Elizabeth and May. And get Anne and Cathy to go with you, in case Edward understands what day it is," 

"Please look after her, I want to help her like physically be there for her, I really really do, but I think Edward not being there is going to be best."

"You know I would, I love her so much, and I hate to see her in so much pain." The worst thing about Jane's pain is that it's physical for her and emotional for everyone. She desperately wants to see Edward but the others can't let her and then feel it's their fault. 

Katherine then tackled Catherine into a hug. 

"I can't lose her, not now not ever. Please tell me she's not going to die again!" Katherine's eyes were raw red and she was shaking. She could barely maintain the hug without falling to the ground. 

"The worst part is, I can't promise you that..."