Chapter 29

Jane's POV.

As I watched Catherine comfort my son, I wished I could be with them. I love my entire family so much and want to be able to see them and interact with them every day.  When Catherine drew a smiley face on Edward's plaster, my heart melted. She treats them so well, and I am glad that I left them in good hands. 

I told Catherine to be a good mother to Edward and Kitty, and she is doing so well. When we got married it was the highlight of my, well I can't really say life, can I? But, I'll never be able to tell her how much I love her. Sometimes, I see her so upset and just want to hug her but I can't. I've started noticing how whenever she gets nervous, she fiddles with her wedding ring. I never received mine. Some men in heaven have tried to get me to go out with them but first I tell them that I'm married then that I'm not straight.

Katherine has become so independent, and I am so proud of her. She may not biologically be mine, but she will always be my daughter. She may not have thought I heard what she said once I had passed, but I heard every last word and they broke my heart.

Anne and Catherine seemed to get along slightly better, and haven't argued about pancakes, yet, but there's still time. There are still times I want to bang their heads together though.