TWO

THIRD PERSON

"Is Jason your dad?" Corbyn asked Kai, coming up behind her as she jumped.

"You're so irritating." Kai rolled her eyes, turning round to face him, "Yes, he's my dad."

"He gives me big farmer vibes." The boy smiled at her, leaning against the fence, "Your mom is a farmer too, I assume? Unless she's a typical florist girl."

"She's actually dead." Kai said as the smile on Corbyn's face faded, "Yeah, being too reckless isn't so fun after all."

"Oh."

"I don't know what you're trying to do here, but whatever it is i'm not falling for it." Kai shrugged, taking a bucket of water across the field as Corbyn followed.

"You don't even know why I faked my own death." Corbyn rolled his eyes as she groaned, "Can I at least tell you?"

"Fine."

"I was in a band and being a celebrity gains all kinds of drama and you're constantly in the spotlight and I was sick of it." Corbyn began, "So, I needed a way out and I didn't want to just go missing because they'd look for me."

"So you faked your death, to thousands of people?" She asked, placing the water bucket down, "Does anyone know you faked it?"

"Well, you and your dad." Corbyn shrugged, looking around the place, "Is there anyone here your age? How old are you?"

"I'm 17, and yeah there's a few of us." She answered, walking back to her house, "Are you stopping here for a while or are you travelling to the next unknown town?"

"Jason offered me a place to sleep and stuff, so I'll probably stay here for now." Corbyn smiled slightly, "Unless someone finds me and the word gets out that i'm alive."

"He offered you a place to sleep? In our house?" She asked, putting her palm to her forehead, "Spectacular."

"You won't even know I'm there." Corbyn folded his arms, "Anyway, are your friends cute?"

"Are you gay?" She asked, looking at him.

"Excuse me?"

"It's a simple question."

"No i'm not," The boy furrowed his eyebrows as she sighed, shaking her head, "Why did you ask that?"

"Gavin would've been perfect for you." She sighed again, walking back to the house, "We're all cute, we all take time to look after each other."

"Can I meet them?" Corbyn asked, walking into the house and following her to the kitchen.

Kai laughed, grabbing two drinks from the fridge and handing him one, "Definitely not."

He frowned at her and once she gave him a sarcastic smile back, Kai headed upstairs to go to her room.

After a few hours or so, a car had pulled up outside their house. Corbyn and Jason were sitting by the kitchen table as the girl rushed down the stairs.

"Is that Noah again?" Jason asked as Kai nodded, sliding her shoes on and grabbing her jacket, "How long are you going to be?"

"Normal curfew time." Kai said, running her fingers through her hair as she opened the front door, "We're spray painting the bridge."

"Rebellious." He laughed as he said bye to her before turning back to Corbyn, "They spray paint it all the time."

"Oh." Corbyn nodded, "When's her curfew?"

"Midnight." Jason shrugged, standing up and placing his cup in the sink, "It's a safe neighbourhood so there's nothing to worry about."

"She's quite stubborn." Corbyn commented.

"Yeah, she likes to get straight to the point." Jason laughed slightly, shaking his head and sitting back down, "So Corbyn, where did you come from?"

"Oh, Los Angeles." Corbyn told him, noticing the confused look on the mans face, "California?"

"Oh." He raised his eyebrows, "I don't know all the small cities in the states."

"Its actually really well known." Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, confused at how little he knew about America.

"We don't leave this town, everyone knows everyone here so it's really all we need. If you come to church with us on Sunday, you can meet everyone."

"Everyone goes to church?" He asked.

"Everyone." Jason nodded, "We're not all that religious but we go to church and we reflect on the past week and make goals for the next and usually finish the morning with a big game."

"It sounds fun." Corbyn smiled, "I'll definitely come."

a/n

corbyn and jason radiate father and son
energy and i am here for it