FORTY

THIRD PERSON.

"You did great tonight Corbyn," Zach smiled at him as the group got off stage, the boy thanked him with a nod and small smile back before grabbing a drink and walking over to Christina.

"Are we dating?" Christina asked him as he rolled his eyes and walked away from her again, "Corbyn I'm serious, what are we?"

"We're friends." Corbyn looked at her, "That's all we'll ever be."

"Then why did you kiss me?" She asked, following him out to the tour bus as he shrugged, "There must be a reason."

"Because I thought you were someone else," He shrugged, "Well not thought, but I wanted you to be."

Christina slowly nodded, a bit confused yet taken back by what he said as the five boys stopped outside the tour bus to say hi to some fans quickly. The girl walked over towards Gabbie, Tate and Kay as she sighed.

"I still haven't seen him smile," Gabbie frowned as the others nodded, confirming that they hadn't either.

"I know he broke up with me over a year ago, but he keeps showing me mixed signals and it's so annoying," Christina explained, folding her arms, "He's so unhappy here but won't take mine or Daniels advice for it."

"He kissed me and then said the kiss didn't mean anything because he wanted it to be someone else," She continued, clearly showing her annoyance as she rolled her eyes.

"He's just confused with his mind." Kay shrugged, "Just give him time."

The girl nodded before looking over at shoulder at Corbyn, who was talking to fans and taking pictures with them while showing some sort of half smile on his face, that was clearly fake but hidden well enough so they wouldn't suspect a thing about it.

And although deep down he did miss the whole adrenaline rush of being on tour and meeting fans, he wasn't happy at all. The idea of being in LA, stuck in the spotlight, people twisting your words, all the rumours, having to hide insecurities and your actual feelings all seemed to pointless to the boy.

He truly believed that if you are happy, you are successful. He just wished that applied to him.

The voicemails he left for Kai never reached her, or even if they did she never replied back, all the texts were left on delivered and every picture he seemed to have of them together seemed like a distant memory.

Corbyn of course had no idea where she was, whether she was driving back to Lakeside or if she had been stopped because Jason had people on the lookout for her, but he was truly sorry for what she saw, even if he was never planning on telling her it happened.

As he said his last goodbyes to the fans in Arizona he got onto the tour bus and sat down, grabbing his phone and deleting multiple contacts in his phone from the people of Lakeside, his friend groups, Jason's and anyone else he seemed to have gained over his time being there.

Until he reached Kai, where the boy hesitated on whether or not he should delete it. It was the only way for them to reach each other, but the boy had felt as if she no longer wanted anything to do with him.

So he didn't. He shut his phone off, leaving her contact there just in case she did end up reaching out to him, which was very unlikely but still had a small chance of it happening.

As he put on one of his hoodies and turned to face the other four boys in the band, he joined in on their conversation for the first time since he had arrived home, deciding to give the whole being in the spotlight thing another chance.

It may not have worked out the first time, but after a break away from it all, maybe this time it would be better for him and lead him to bigger and better things.

And hopefully, Lakeside would become another one of his distant memories, where he would no longer think of it every morning and every night, a town that would remain unknown unless someone randomly stumbled upon it like he did.

All he knew was that the group would be happier without him, just like they were before knowing him.

But just in case, his number was still there for her, hoping one day she'd reach out for him.

a/n

the end <3