TWENTY-EIGHT

THIRD PERSON.

Although Kai had plenty reasons not to, and plenty of reasons as to why this was a bad idea, the girl still searched Corbyn's name into her google, confused as to where all the comments on her recently deleted Instagram post had come from.

And the first thing that came up when she searched Corbyn Besson, was an Interview that was only recently uploaded, so she clicked on it to find the first words that were said was about Corbyn being confirmed alive.

Her heart sunk, to say the least. A boy she had obviously fell in love over the past few months was now being searched for in every state in America, and that led to the risk of Lakeside being exposed to the rest of the world.

But as she continued the interview, she listened to each of their messages towards the boy, which made her feel bad for what Corbyn had done to them and the pain he had caused.

"What ya doing?" Corbyn asked as he walked into the room, watching the girl place her phone down as she shot her head up at him, "That seemed sketchy."

"You seem sketchy." She replied as he furrowed his eyebrows while slightly laughing.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Corbyn asked, a confused tone in his voice as he sat down, "This town seems sketchy."

"That's awfully rude of you." Kai looked at him as he shrugged, causing the pair to laugh slightly.

"Do you ever miss your old life?" Kai then asked as the boy sighed, "I know I ask a lot but would you ever go back?"

"Probably. I mean, I miss my bandmates, but everything was so chaotic and my mental health was slipping," Corbyn explained as Kai nodded, "If anyone did find me, then I guess I would have to go back."

"Would you ever come see us?"

"Yeah," He nodded, looking at her, "I'd be a shitty friend if I didn't. But who knows, I prefer this place over LA."

"Maybe your bandmates want you home." Kai said, "They definitely miss you."

"How would you know that?"

"Because you were in a band with them?" Kai looked at him confused, "They're obviously going to miss you."

"Can I tell you something?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck.

She nodded, taking a sip of her drink as the boy glanced around quickly before looking back at her, "About the band and everything, they kind of know that-"

"Are you two going out tonight?" Jason asked as he walked into the room, interrupting Corbyn's sentence as he sighed.

"Probably, are you ok to be alone by yourself?" Kai asked as Jason nodded, "We'll be back early, maybe around 11 or 10."

"Yeah," Corbyn nodded before getting up and heading upstairs.

"Is he alright?" Jason asked Kai, who shrugged but nodded.

"He was telling me something," Kai explained, "I think he was going to mention him being confirmed alive."

"You know about it?"

"I found out about it from this interview online." She said, letting out a sigh, "So I guess he's going to leave soon."

"Maybe it's for the best," He replied, "He mignt leave to keep this town hidden."

"But I don't want him to leave." She frowned, "Would it be better If I turned him in?"

He shrugged, "Give it a few more days to see what he does before you do anything, don't make it difficult for the boy."

Kai nodded, giving her dad a small smile as he then left the room, causing her to then pick her phone back up and go back to the interview, before searching up the band account on Instagram, seeing all the posts of the boys without Corbyn and their appreciation for Corbyn.

Which is when she thought her best bet was to turn him in, although that had some major consequences. But another part of her told her not to, because although many people were missing the boy, she couldn't imagine living without him now.

So truthfully, the girl didn't know what to do. But she kept it to herself that she knew about it, because she didn't know if the others - apart from Jason and maybe Corbyn - did.