TWENTY-NINE

THIRD PERSON.

"What ya thinking?" Gavin asked Kai as he sat down beside her, handing her a drink as he looked over to where she had her gaze.

"How would my dad react if I left the town?" Kai asked, tilting her head slightly as Gavin shot his head towards her.

"Are you crazy?" He furrowed his eyebrows, "Babe your dad would not sleep until you were home safe. Do not even think about leaving."

"What if I went with Corbyn?" She turned to face him, "I'll go with him to make sure he made it home safely."

Gavin gave her a confused look before a face of realisation had shown on his face and he let out a sigh, putting his palm to his forehead, "You know."

"I don't know how you thought you would keep something from me." Kai said through a small smile,  "No one else knows I know, except my dad."

"Secrets safe with me, as always." Gavin smiled before laughing slightly, "Has he asked you out yet?"

"Why would he?" Kai asked, "If he's being searched for there is no point in getting in a relationship."

"Yooo, Summer just had to sprint away from an angry turtle." Corbyn said as he ran up to the pair, stealing Kai's drink as he took a sip out of it, "Thanks Kai."

"You're welcome." She said, giving him a nod of the head as he smiled at her and kissed her forehead before sitting down beside her and putting his arm around her waist.

"Corbyn you left me when I was being attacked by a turtle!" Summer yelled, lightly punching his arm as the sat down opposite the three of them, "Oh you wanted to see your lover."

"It was a tiny turtle, it wasn't going to do anything." Corbyn laughed as Ebony caught up to them out of breath.

"Never make me run that far again," Ebony pointed at the both of them, "Where is Noah?"

"Probably making you some gift," Gavin shrugged as he looked around, "Or making a plan to propose to you."

"He's so whipped." Kai said as the group nodded in agreement, "Why don't you like him Ebony?"

"I do," Ebony said, placing her hands on her hips as she furrowed her eyebrows, still slightly out if breath from running, "Its just cute seeing him try so hard."

"Playing hard to get I see." Corbyn raised his eyebrows as Ebony nodded but laughed, sitting down next to Summer, "Kai do you remember when you admitted your feelings to me-"

"While drunk, yes." She finished his sentence as her head turned to face him, giving him a smile as the boy was trying not to laugh, "Everyone let me know how stupid I was that night."

"You were pretty stupid." Summer said jokingly as the other two nodded.

The group then fell into a comfortable silence as each of them let out a small sigh, sharing half smiles before Ebony's face suddenly dropped ever so slightly.

"Don't you think it's weird how we may not know when this group could lose a member?" Ebony spoke up as Corbyn looked at her, shaking his head slowly.

"Who would we lose?" Kai asked, trying to act oblivious to what the girl was directing at, "We would never kick anyone out the group anyway."

"True," Gavin nodded.

"We all love each other too much." Corbyn said, giving Ebony a small glare as she shrugged and gave him the middle finger.

"Let's just hope nothing happens to this group." Summer said, "It's too much like family."

–––––

INSTAGRAM

8,837 people liked this post

wdwteaupdates: uh?? do you think he's not coping with everything going on rn??

view all comments

username: he literally can't cope without corbyn

username: i heard he apparently overdosed or smth
↳ username: where did u hear that from
↳ username: his dad said something then deleted it idk

username: our poor bby :(

username: ok but if he was rushed to the hospital who do i think found him in that state
↳ username: defo zach

username: we lit rally got a hashtag trending on twitter cos of this
↳ username: ikr #weloveyoudaniel
↳ username: and #comehomecorbyn

username: i hope daniels ok :c

username: if we lose daniel too thats it im jumping off a cliff

username: im so scared rn

a/n

i tHINK this book is going to be like 40-45 chapters long