THIRTY-ONE

THIRD PERSON.

Early hours of the morning, Corbyn had his suitcase packed and a note stuck on his bedroom door, ready for Kai to see when she woke up in a few hours time.

He grabbed his final belongings and quietly headed down the stairs, being sure to not make a noise. He was still unsure on leaving the town, but Corbyn knew it was for the best, to see Daniel and to make sure Lakeside stayed hidden.

On top of that, the boy felt bad for not properly saying goodbye to Kai but he didn't want to the look on her face when he would tell her that he'd be leaving for good, and not sure if he would ever return to the town if he was being watched to avoid anything happening for a second time.

As he quietly opened the door and left the house, he shut it without making a sound and turned around as a few bright lights suddenly flashed on and people such as news reporters and emergency services were surrounding the house.

To the side of the house, just down the street, Summer, Gavin, Ebony and Noah were all quickly walking down the street as they saw the bright lights and vans by the house, spotting Corbyn by the front door.

"Who turned him in?" Ebony asked as they all looked at shocked as each other.

"I don't know but he looks terrified," Gavin replied as the group stopped just by the crowd of New Reporters.

"It's okay to be scared," A cop told the boy as he slowly inches towards him, just the boy backed up against the door, "You're in safe hands now."

"He was in safe hands anyway." Gavin yelled as he pushed his way through the crowd with Noah following behind to grab the boy, "Don't make him more terrified."

"Gavin, you'll get arrested watch your hands." Noah reminded him as he grabbed his arms and held him back.

"You're lucky you've got power." Gavin told the cop as he looked at Corbyn and gave him a sympathetic smile, "Do what is right."

"Come with us," The cop said as he guided the boy towards one of the cars by the back of the crowd, "We'll get you to a safe place."

As Corbyn nodded with a terrified look on his face, he looked over his shoulder at the front door to Kai's house, where she had now come outside with Jason stood behind her. The girl was closely watching him as she had tears in her eyes, which made the boy feel a lot worse than what he already did.

The cameras were all on the boy, the news that he had been found would go across the world to many of his fans and each news reporter saw this as an opportunity for money, no matter how badly the boy didn't want to be on camera.

"Let me go." He mumbled, trying to get out of the grip of the cops hands as Gavin was slowly getting out of Noah's, "I don't want to go."

"I want to go with him." Kai sighed as Jason shook his head and Gavin and Noah looked at her, "I need him."

"You can't, it's not safe." Jason told the girl as she shrugged before walking off towards the car Corbyn was going into as Jason quickly followed behind, "Kai, don't you dare get in that car."

"Kai stop." Ebony said, grabbing the girls arm as Kai looked at her with tears running down her face, "It's not worth the risk."

"We need you here," Gavin said as he wrapped his arms around her while the group watched the car doors close as Corbyn refused to look at them, "Do you think he's going to look at us?"

Noah shook his head, "He won't want to see Kai upset."

"He would want to stay if he did." Summer said just as the car drove off, making Kai turn around to face her group of friends as her eyes were slowly going red.

"Who turned him in?" Kai asked, looking at each of them, "Did you all know about it?"

"None of us turned him in," Summer shrugged, "He was going to leave anyway."

"Summer what have I said about shutting up sometimes." Gavin looked at Summer who rolled her eyes.

"So none of you told me." Kai wiped her eyes, "You all knew and none of you told me."

"Kai I turned him in." Jason said as he walked up to the group, making each person glance at each other before looking at the guy.

Just as the girl opened her mouth to say something it was suddenly closed again as her head dropped to the floor with Gavin pulling her in for a hug only to have her cry a little bit more.

"Kai he was thinking of leaving anyway." Ebony said as she placed her hand on Kai's shoulder, "Daniel was sent to the hospital."

"He needed to see him." Noah nodded as he folded his arms.

"I can't believe every single one of you knew." Kai mumbled as she pulled away from Gavin's grip, "Especially you dad, he didn't want to go back."

"Kai," Jason said as the girl stormed past him and went back inside.

"Worlds best dad." Gavin sarcastically clapped as he walked back down the street, with each person from the group following behind him.

And just like that, the group had seemed to had fallen out just by the loss of one boy and the betrayal of one father, which no one had seen coming.

a/n

😔✋🏻
i'm sorry ok