TWENTY

THIRD PERSON.

"Kai." Corbyn said, peeking his head round her bedroom door, rolling his eyes as he saw she was still half asleep, "I'll pour water over you."

"I'll lock you out the house." She mumbled as he went quiet, before letting out a small laugh and walking into her room.

"Church is in an hour." He reminded her, "Are you going?"

"An hour?" Kai sat up, looking at Corbyn as he nodded, pointing to her clock before she got out of her bed, "Oh I had no idea."

"Lucky for you, Jason laid out your outfit already." Corbyn smiled at her as she nodded and smiled too, "I'll be waiting downstairs, your dad has already left but I'll go with you."

"Ok thanks." She smiled at him, before remembering the group chat last night as she went up to Corbyn and kissed his cheek before pushing him out of the room, "Ok bye I need to get dressed."

"Still as bossy as ever," He replied, kissing her cheek back and walking down the stairs as she rolled her eyes but went and got dressed, ready for church.

Once Kai got downstairs, Corbyn had a confused look on his face, "Why is Church suddenly on a Wednesday?"

"To celebrate the start of summer," Kai shrugged, grabbing a bottle of water before walking towards the front door, "You don't do that?"

"I do now." He let out a laugh as they left the house, walking down to the church placed in the centre of town.

The pair walked in silence, Kai taking a sip from her water bottle every now and then as the church was in sight of them. As the reached the church, Corbyn had grabbed Kai's wrist just before they went inside the church, making her look over her shoulder at him confused.

"What are we?" He asked as the girl turned to face him, "Like are we friends? More than friends?"

"I don't know." Kai shrugged, folding her arms, "What do you think we are?"

"I don't know, that's why I asked." Corbyn said as both of them let out a small laugh, "Do you want to be more than friends?"

"Yeah," Kai nodded, "I just don't want it to be something short in case you end up leaving."

"Why would I leave you?" Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows, "No one knows i'm here, no one knows this town exists, i'm fine. I feel home, I'm not leaving."

"Plus I want to be more than friends too." Corbyn said, smiling at her as the group of four came outside the church, crowding round the pair with a smile on all their faces.

"Well?" Summer spoke up, "Any news?"

"How many weeks are you?" Gavin asked Kai, placing his hand on her stomach as she laughed and stepped away, him knowing that was incredibly ticklish.

"No news." Corbyn shook his head, looking at Kai who raised her eyes and shook her head too.

"Hm." Ebony folded her arms, looking at Kai, "I know that look Kai."

"Oh is that dad calling me?" Kai said, before nodding, "I'm going to go see if he needs help." She said, running off and leaving Corbyn with the four.

"The news is i'm going to ask her out." Corbyn said as the group shared a chorus of ooo's, "You all sound like owls."

"You look like a duck," Noah said, letting out a laugh.

"Don't be rude, this is Kai's future husband." Summer pointed at Noah, before turning back to Corbyn, "Are you making it special?"

"He better make it special." Gavin interrupted their conversation, being shoved out the way by Noah, "Hey!"

Ebony then rolled her eyes and shoved Noah out the way too, receiving a glare from him as Gavin started laughing.

"I'll make it special." Corbyn said, "But I may need help."

"We can help." The group said in unison, before all looking at each other with shocked faces, bursting out into laughter and falling onto the floor.

"We have plenty of ideas." Summer said to a Corbyn, her laugh dying down was Corbyn nodded, all of them excited for Kai to finally be with someone.

a/n

one last update before i sleep gn