TWENTY-TWO

THIRD PERSON.

"What are you going to do now?" Summer asked Corbyn as the friend group were all together on that Friday evening.

"About what?" Corbyn asked, looking at her.

"The whole 'Corbyn Besson is alive' thing."

"Alright well first of all don't be so loud I don't want Kai to find out yet, and two I have no idea." Corbyn explained, letting out a sigh as he watched Gavin and Kai chase each other with bottles of water.

"Why don't you want her to find out yet?" Summer furrowed her eyebrows, "She has to know."

"I told her a few days I wasn't leaving because no one knows i'm alive." Corbyn shrugged, "And now people are looking for me, imagine how upset she'll be."

"But you're going to tell her eventually aren't you?" Noah looked up from his phone at them, "Kai doesn't like stuff to be kept from her, especially if she likes you."

"I'll tell her eventually." Corbyn nodded, "Just not now."

Summer and Noah both nodded before Ebony had came over to the three of them, sitting down beside Summer and grabbing one of the drinks from the bag one of them had decided to bring, seeing as no one really had any plans of going back to their houses tonight.

"Corbynnn." Kai ran up from behind him and wrapped her arms around his neck, placing her head on his shoulder as she smiled, "Can you pass me a drink?"

"Too far away." Corbyn said jokingly as the girl frowned, watching him half stretch his arm out before letting out a dramatic sigh and giving up as he let out a small laugh.

"You're so annoying." Kai rolled her eyes, walking past him and getting herself a drink before going back over to him and sitting down on his lap, "This is payback."

"I'm enjoying this payback." He said, wrapping his arms around her waist as she opened up her drink, a smile still wide on her face as Gavin looked over at the two of them.

They group never came up with an actual plan of Corbyn asking Kai to be his girlfriend, and now they weren't even sure if it was something he should do if people were out looking for him. Despite how strong his feelings were towards the girl, he didn't want to ask her out and then be found and get their small unknown town found out, so part of him had the idea in his mind of leaving.

But leaving also meant hurting the group of people he had become so close with and the town that had grown to love Corbyn as a person because of how helpful, selfless and caring he was towards the community, especially since he had been helping out people other than Kai and Jason.

He knew that if he could find the town just by randomly driving around hoping for a place to stay, anyone could find it and he'd soon be back to the life he wasn't so keen on, a life stuck in spotlight.

This slightly upset him, because as soon as he got to Lakeside everyone had been so welcoming, even if they were never expecting a new person to arrive in town. So the boys face had dropped and his thoughts were getting to him as the group had soon noticed.

"Besson, you look sad." Kai looked at him as he looked up at her, shaking his head and smiling as she raised one eyebrow, "Are you okay?"

"I'm very okay." He smiled, wrapping his arms around her tighter and placing a kiss on her shoulder as she smiled and offered him some of her water, which he politely declined.

"Ebony that could be us bu-"

"I'm playing?" Ebony finished his sentence as the group let out a laugh, watching Noah's face go slightly red from embarrassment, "Knew it."

"He's so in love bless him." Gavin said, shaking his head as he laughed, "Keep trying Noah, you'll get there."

"Hopefully." Corbyn said.

The group was then suddenly stopped when Kai's phone started ringing, making her slightly confused to see her Dad trying to call her. As she answered the call and put her phone up to her ear, she quickly furrowed her eyes as a worried look was on her face.

"Everything okay?" Summer mouthed as Kai shook her head, making the whole group look at her in concern before they all agreed to pack up their stuff and get to Noah's car, driving straight to Kai's house.

authors note

oop