ELEVEN

THIRD PERSON

"I think you're crazy." Kai said, crossing her legs on the seat by her window, leaning against the wall.

"Why?" Corbyn asked, putting a grape in his mouth, "I think it's a pretty cool idea."

"A house party?" Kai looked at him, "Have you met my dad?"

"Yeah, coolest person ever might I add." Corbyn furrowed his eyebrows as Kai shook her head, a small smile on her face.

"C'monnn, it'll be fun." Corbyn begged, "Maybe you can finally get drunk."

"It'll take a lot of convincing with my dad." Kai said, sitting up properly, taking a grape, "I don't know."

The boy sighed, getting up and grabbed her hand. As the girl took it, they walked over to Jason's bedroom, sitting on the end of his bed as he looked up from his laptop.

Corbyn sat there with a smile on his face as he turned to face Kai, who shook her head and turned to face her dad.

"Can I help you?" Jason asked the pair.

"Hm, nope." Kai got up and shook her head, "We're all okay."

"Actually," Corbyn grabbed her arm and pulled her back to the bed, "We have a question."

"Corbyn has a question." Kai corrected him.

"What is your opinion on house parties?" Corbyn asked Jason, smiling at him. Jason's eyes widened slightly as Kai shut hers tight, resting her forehead on Corbyn's arm.

"Does Kai want one?" Jason asked, looking at Kai, "Kai."

"As I said, Corbyn had the question." Kai opened her eyes and looked at Jason, "He wants the house party."

Jason nodded, looking back at Corbyn. The boy stuck out his bottom lip which made Jason laugh slightly and move his laptop to one side.

"What do I need to buy for it?" Jason asked the two of them as Kai had a confused look on her face.

"You're letting us have one?" She asked.

"You're old enough to be responsible, I'll spend the night with Amanda or something." Jason shrugged, giving her a small as Corbyn began to list things that he needed for it.

After they gathered a list, the three of them set off to the store to buy supplies, Kai was texting the group chat and telling them about the party she was holding in a few nights time, and told them to tell everyone they knew.

"Hey Kai, catch." Corbyn started laughing, pretending to chuck a glass bottle at Kai, making her flinch and give him a glare.

"Corbynn." Kai rolled her eyes, putting the bottle in their cart as pushing him, "Go away you idiot."

"Woah hey, don't be so aggressive." Jason said, putting his arm around his daughter, "Leave Corbyn alone."

"Dad." Kai said, folding her arms as Corbyn was still in his own world laughing, "Look at how annoying he is. It's like having a brother."

"Sorry Kaiii." Corbyn said, walking over to her with his arms open as he pulled her in for a hug, "I won't scare you like that again."

"You better not." She sighed, giving him a small hug back.

The three of them continued their shop for the essentials, and half the time Kai was caught off guard by paying attention to whatever Corbyn was doing. Most people were surprised he hadn't caught on to her liking of him yet, but Kai was glad he hadn't.

Jason thought he was noticing it, but didn't want to mention it incase Corbyn has a chance of hearing him.

Corbyn wasn't sure of his feelings towards Kai, he knew he liked her as a friend but he wasn't too sure if he did more. And he had no idea who to ask for advice as he wasn't particularly super close with anyone in the town apart from Kai and Jason.

He could talk to Jason about it, but considering that Jason is Kai's dad, something put him off about it.

Which is partly why he mentioned the idea of a house party, to try get closer to Kai without it being too obvious. Having a house party so he could stay by her for the whole night, and hopefully end up having a deep conversation with her.

Although he knew having a house party reminded him of home, which he was beginning to slightly miss. Corbyn knew he couldn't go back, everyone thinks he's dead, going back would ruin everyone's opinion on him for life.

Going back to LA and back to his normal life seemed to be stuck in the back of his mind, no matter how much he was enjoying his life in Lakeside.

He'd prefer to wait it out until someone came to find him, just not while he was in Lakeside, because he wanted to keep this town hidden.

He wanted to keep himself hidden.

a/n

hi i love this book