SEVEN

THIRD PERSON.

"So, you sing?" Summer asked Corbyn, as the group was sat around a small fire by their tiny beach the town had.

Kai had invited Corbyn to come hang out with her friends tonight considering they all got along so well, and he accepted the offer almost straight away.

"Yeah." Corbyn nodded, the rest of the group also interested in how good he was, which was when Kai handed him a guitar, "Kai, no."

"Don't be shy." Kai smiled at him, "You said you were in a band, show us what you got."

"I really can't." Corbyn shook his head but took the guitar anyway and placed it in his lap as Kai sat down the opposite side of the fire to him.

"I want to hear it." Ebony said, the rest of the group nodding their heads and keeping their attention on Corbyn.

Corbyn still shook his head, gradually getting nervous and slightly frustrated, "I can't, I haven't done it in a few weeks."

"Corbyn." Kai looked at him, "If you do this, I'll do what you want me to do."

"Promise?" Corbyn asked her, Kai nodded with a soft smile on her face, "Ok, should I play a song of mine?"

"Yess." Noah said, placing his can of drink in the sand as he put his hands in his lap, "If you can sing really well I'm going to scream, I want some talent."

The group laughed and once their laughter died down, Corbyn began playing the guitar and that was shortly followed by some singing.

Treasure chest filled with your diamonds,
I don't mind staying down here
Thought right now I would be dying
but your love gives me all my air

"Wow." Ebony breathed out, the group doing the same as Corbyn gave them a small smile.

"This reminds me why i'm gay." Gavin said, laughing slightly as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Kai is blushinggg." Summer pointed out, the group turning to look at Kai as she covered her face while smiling.

"Shut up." She said, looking away from the group as Corbyn smiled, placing the guitar down.

"Well thank you for the compliments." He laughed slightly.

"You should sing at church on the Sundays we go." Noah suggested, "Our town likes some entertainment."

"Ooo, yeah!" Summer said, taking the bowl of fruit off of Gavin then placed it in her lap, grabbing a piece of orange.

"You could sing some of your songs."

"I really can't sing without my band." Corbyn told them all as Kai looked over at him, her eyes slightly widened.

The group was yet to find out about the band Corbyn was in before running off to Lakeside, and Kai was planning to keep that a secret from them so that they wouldn't search it up, just in case one of them somehow got the word out.

The four of them went silent, before Ebony laughed slightly and looked at Corbyn, "A band? Like one of those bands that never really gets out? You're that kind of guy?"

"He can sing if he was in a band I'm sure he would've been known worldwide." Gavin argued, shrugging as he glanced at Kai.

"But One Direction was worldwide and we knew about them." Ebony replied, looking at Corbyn, "A band?"

"I said I hurt my hand." Corbyn corrected himself as the group shared a nod, Kai let out a sigh of relief, her shoulders becoming less tensed up, "So I don't know if I could play the guitar very well."

"You've still got five days." Summer said, "I'm sure it'll be fine by then."

He nodded, agreeing with the group that he'd do the singing for the town in the church on the following Sunday before Noah changed the conversation and started talking about the random thoughts he had in his mind for the past few weeks.

Kai yawned, pulling her phone out of her pocket and ignoring the conversation happening around her. Gavin quickly noticed and offered her to rest her head on his shoulder if she needed to, which she soon did as she put her phone back and closed her eyes.

Summer and Ebony had got up from where everyone was sitting and took a walk down to the water from where they were sat on the beach, after five minutes or so they came back and sat either side of Corbyn.

"Where'd you come from?" Summer asked the boy, looking at him closely.

"California." He replied.

"Isn't that the place no one is allowed to leave?" Ebony furrowed her eyebrows as Noah slowly looked over at her.

"That's North Korea, idiot." Noah corrected her, rolling his eyes, "I have to go, my curfew is close and If I'm home late again I think my uncle will kill me."

"Night Kai." He patted her head gently as he laughed slightly, saying bye to the rest of them before he left to be home at about half eleven.

"California is a cool place, but I think it gets boring after a while." Corbyn explained, the three of them interested in what it was like, "Everyone is sort of fake."

"I hate fake people." Summer rolled her eyes before laughing and looking at Ebony, "Remember when Ella was talking behind our backs about Kai and so I confronted her and she started crying."

Ebony began laughing, nodding as Gavin chuckled slightly too, "She did learn her lesson so it worked."

"None of you are toxic?" Corbyn asked them as a confused look went on all their faces.

"Why would we be?" Gavin asked.

"We all see each other as brothers and sisters, this friend group is probably the least toxic in our town." Ebony explained, looking at Corbyn and smiling slightly.

"Anyways, tomorrow nights fun is roaming the streets while drunk and in a shopping cart, you in?" Gavin asked Corbyn.

"I'm in."

a/n

hi what do we think of the book
cos i cant tell if i like it or not