Hallway Stumbles

Arghhhhh! Exams are so horrible! See ya social life!
So guys I finally finished this chapter, and I'm so sorry its taken so long! My whole life lately has just been studying for my finals, and I'm just happy iI had time to upload this one because I still have another 3 examsss :( Anyway, once again, shout-out to my co-editor and sister, Lexi. Wouldn't of been able to upload without her bugging me 24/7. Enjoy guys! The next chapters coming up are gonna get messy!

****

He didn’t take her hand but he kept close as he walked her to his classroom. They walked without so much as a breath taken aloud. Neither of them had the nerve to speak until they got to the room. When they arrived she sat down at one of the desks and looked down, playing with her fingers. Will started grabbing something out from under his desk that looked like a box of some sort and walked over to Sienna. Sienna thought the box looked a lot like a first aid kit, and her theory was confirmed when he brought out a strange looking liquid and band aids.

Will took off the lid of the strange looking liquid and carefully put some on her bottom lip. She hardly felt him touch her and she didn’t dare look up at him, but she knew he was looking at her. She was conscious of her breath coming out in short gasps. He pull out a little bandage strip and placed it on her trembling lip. Will lifted his hand from her lip and cautiously and softly cupped her cheek. This was the closest Sienna and Will had ever been. She could feel his hot, sweet breath against her cheeks…and she looked up. She looked into his dark brown eyes that held so much warmth that could melt anyone’s heart and danger that could make a girl’s heart skip a beat.

All at once tears started streaming down Sienna’s face, making her cheeks wet and her eyes sting.

“Shh…Its ok,” He pulled away from her face and wrapped his arms around her.

He drew circles into her back and tried to soothe her blubbering by hushing softly into her ear. Sienna sniffled and squeezed her eyes shut, controlling her sobbing.

“Sorry. Oh god I’m sorry.” She stuttered through sobs.

“Sienna its ok,”

“No, its not. I’m sorry…” This had been the first time Sienna had cried in front of anybody since she had been in the country.

Her mind went straight to her sister and the argument that they had had that morning. And to her father’s new wife who was at times overwhelming. And to Malory who had the need to stare her down every time she entered a room. And to the thought of Mackenzie’s face when Sienna and Jaxon had left the cafeteria together. And to Jaxon who had tried to stick his tongue down her throat earlier before. And to the slight but classified attraction to her new English teacher who was currently comforting her. And to her mother…

Will pulled away from Sienna, leaving his hands gently on her hips and looking her dead into her eyes. His face was close again, close enough that if one of them were to move an inch closer their foreheads would be touching. And Sienna abruptly realised that this wasn’t right.

She stepped back, out of his grip.

“I have to go.” Sienna grabbed her bag from the floor and ran out of the room, leaving Mr Jaye confused and calling after her.

 “Hey honey! How was your-“

Before Portia could finish her question, Sienna slammed the front door and stormed across the lounge room to the stairs. She felt bad. She wasn’t upset at Portia; she just didn’t want to talk to anyone about anything.

Instead of getting picked up, she decided to take the bus home that afternoon; it was the easiest way of getting out of talking to anyone. So she had travelled home, with her music blasting in her ears and no thought of anything other than the rolling hills that passed.