2

Trigger Warning~ Mentions of how to die (suicide), cutting

"So... let's start with introductions." Emile sat there smiling away with his little notebook as the boy before just shot him a tired look. "I'll go first. My name is Dr. Emile Picani. What's your name?" The boy frowned as he rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Your father never really told me so..."

"I don't tell people my name. The fewer people who know it the better." Emile could see how dead the poor boy looked. His eyes were a glazed and dull green. His blonde hair fell flat and messy over his face, with no attempt to brush it back. "Just call me Romulus."

"Romulus?" The boy smirked as he leaned back. 

"Trust me it's better that way." Emile bit his lip as he wrote in his notebook. Roy frowned as he watched with a confused expression. "What's the point of writing... I haven't even told you anything yet."

"Well, I want to make sure I have everything. You preferring to be called Romulus is something I should note." Roy shrugged as he moved to lay down, his eyes met the fan following the blades as they moved around. "Today is just about getting to know you."

"There's no point!" Roy laughed as he shot Emile a glance. "'Getting to know me' doesn't help you. You're only doing this because my father is paying you. It won't change a goddamn thing."

"Well, I don't know about that. Sometimes even just talking is enough..." Roy jumped crossing his arms with a quirk of his brow. "What?"

"You think you're the first person father sent me to?" Roy laughed as he shook his head. "I've seen plenty of you doctors before. You all say the same thing, write the same prescriptions, and expect some miraculous change. It's not going to happen."

"Alright." Roy faltered a bit as Emile just smiled at him. "We'll just talk."

"Talk... That's... That's all?" Emile nodded and Roy smiled a little as he rolled his eyes. "Fine. Let's talk."

"Ok then. Let's talk about you first. As I said, I want to get to know you." Roy just laughed as he held his arm up and just stared at it.

"That's going to be a little tough there, Em. But sure... I'll tell you about me." Emile frowned as Roy's eyes darkened. "Where to start? Well, I guess I should say I'm a very... passionate kind of person. In my friend group, I was the protector... of sorts." Emile's eyes narrowed as Roy seemed to freeze up. 

"Ro..." 

"What?" Emile jumped slightly as Roy's eyes snapped over at him. 

"You zoned out." 

"I did?" Emile nodded and Roy sighed. "Sorry... I do that... a lot." 

"It's quite alright Romulus." Roy smiled softly as he looked over towards the door. "I take it you want to leave."

"I just uh..." Roy bit his lip as he nodded. 

"That's alright. You can. We'll take our meetups slow for now?"

"Thank you." Roy started to get up before frowning. "Hey uh, may I use your restroom before I..."

"Go right ahead." Roy smiled as he nodded and left, leaving Emile, who deflated against his desk. "This is going to take a while."

Virgil laid there in bed with this glimmer in his eyes as he twirled his knife on his finger. His eyes narrowed as he moved the blade away and watched the blood bead on his skin. It bubbled just enough for him to see his reflection and he frowned. Before his mind even caught up he found more red dripping down his wrist and he sucked in a disappointed breath.

"Shit."

"If you trying to kill yourself cut straight down." Virgil jumped up in shock seeing a boy standing in his doorway with a sad look in his eyes. "Otherwise you're just causing unnecessary pain."

"Oh, and you just so happen to know how to kill yourself." The boy smiled sadly as he walked inside taking off his grey hoodie and nodding.

"Yes, actually. I do." Virgil's eyes widened as the boy pressed his hoodie against Virgil's cut with a soft expression. "Humans are fragile creatures. It's not exactly that hard. Even still..." Virgil's eyes met his and his breath caught in his throat. "I don't recommend it."

"I'll keep that in mind." Virgil scoffed pulling his arm free from the boy whose eyes only darkened. "Now can you please explain to me who the fuck you are and why you're in my room?"

"Sorry..." The boy smiled as he brushed his hair back with a wink and laughed. "You can call me Roy. It's short for Romulus and no... It's not my real name but that's what I go by." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roy looked around and frowned. "And as for why I'm here... I asked to use the bathroom and got a bit nosey... I went to snoop a bit. Guess I just wanted to know the type of person my new therapist is."

"You're my dad's new patient." Roy nodded as he stepped back with a worried look. "Should've figured. At least you honest..."

"Sorry for scaring you." Virgil rolled his eyes as he walked over to his dresser and pulled out some bandages. Roy flinched as Virgil went to do them himself before Roy stopped him. "Here. I'll help."

"Thanks but I can..." Roy smiled as he slowly took the bandages from Virgil's hand making the boy freeze up in his eyes. "...uh..."

"You can't put these on until you've cleaned it." Roy pulled Virgil into the bathroom and turned the faucet on making Virgil narrowed his eyes in confusion. Roy took the washcloth and dabbed gently to clean the blood way. His serious yet soft expression captivated Virgil, who honestly hadn't seen that from someone in a very long time. "Do you have any..."

"Medicine cabinet." Roy smiled as he reached up, holding the cloth to the cut as he pulled out some peroxide and some cotton swabs. Virgil didn't even flinch as Roy set to cleaning it again before wrapping it with the bandage and gauze. Virgil just stared at his newly cared for wrist with narrowed eyes as Roy backed away with a smile.

"There you go."

"Thanks?" Roy nodded as he started for the door. "Virgil!" Roy froze up as he looked back and Virge smirked softly at him. "My name... It's Virgil."

"That's a nice name." Roy winked as he left shooting a two-finger salute before laughing. "See ya again some time, Virgil."