15

Trigger warning- Roman's death form, Suicide, death, murder, blood

Lydia sighed as she let her fingers brush over all the trinkets. She had made her way into this bedroom and laughed with annoyance. There wasn't a single thing she would steal. Not even one tiny thing. Not to mention there was clearly not a woman here to keep this man at bay. It was stuffy and... She had to mask her gag as she held up this Mickey Mouse adult onesie... it's like the place was own by children.

She dropped the onesie onto the floor and rolled her eyes as she moved to the closet. Even if there wasn't something worth stealing she wanted it to at least be worth her time. This was murder house after all. All the death that these walls have watched... surely there would be something.

She froze up as the soft hum filled her ears. She couldn't tell where it came from but it was quiet and sad. She turned around to find herself alone and her eyes narrowed. She followed the reverberating echo as best as she could finding herself at a door she had originally avoided thinking it was a kid's room, considering the stereotypical keep out sign. Where they not alone?

"Shit..." Lydia bit her lip slightly as she looked back down the stairs with worried eyes. If the kid was here then... that would explain the door being unlocked but... why would any parent leave their child here alone? Lydia sighed as she started to leave only for the humming to turn muffled or distorted. It almost sounded as if... Her eyes went wide as she opened the door in a bit of a frantic reaction. It sounded as if it was underwater. That's when she noticed the sound of water. 

She swallowed up her anxiety as she pushed her way to the bathroom only to freeze up in confusion. It was empty yet she could quite clearly hear the sound of rushing water.

"Does it feel good to terrify innocent people?" Lydia jumped as her vision a young voice sounded in her ears. "To make some fear they'll never survive..." Lydia went to step back only for the bedroom door to slam shut and lock making her scream. "... to feel such overwhelming hopelessness?"

"The last time I felt something like that... well..." Her vision flashed reveal a flooding bathroom and she let out a very broken cry at the sight before her. A boy... Roman... laid in the tub as the overly bloodied water flooded onto the floor, staining the white bath mat pink. Suddenly his head turned towards her as she screamed as his dead eyes bore into her. "Doesn't look pretty, does it?" She stumbled back as Roman started to stand up, water dripping off of him like a waterfall. Every time he opened his mouth it sending more water cascading down him making his words sound a bit distorted. "When you waltz in... you weren't prepared for us."

"S-STAY B-BACK!" Lydia flinched violently as Roman suddenly shot right up in front of her making her throw her hand up in a gaurd.

"STAY BACK?! THIS IS MY HOME, BITCH!" Lydia whimpered as Roman circled around her. She desperately tried to get away as Roman inched her towards the balcony. "You're the one who should have STAYED BACK!"

"I-I m-mean it! My husband has a gun!" Roman smirked as held his mangled wrists out catching her eyes and making her face go white.

"And what's he going to do..." Roman shoved her back just as the balcony doors opened making her stumble out. "Kill me?"

"Please, just let me go? I'll just..."

"You hurt someone I care for." Lydia's eyes went wide as Roman stood there in the doorway with a rageful smirk. "The moment you and your... husband waltzed in you hurt him... I won't let that. You broke into MY HOME and hurt someone I LOVE!" Roman hesitated slightly as he caught the words he just spoke. His eyes narrowed as Lydia leaned against the railing in fear. "Not to mention... you upset someone very dear to the both of us."

"To... the both..." Roman smiled as Logan appeared right in front of her pushing her over the edge with a stone-faced expression as she screamed out. 

"Yes. The both of us." Logan peered over the edge seeing her lying there on the stone pathway and glared. "Nobody upsets Patton." 

"HEY!" Logan frowned as his eyes caught those of another as they glared back up at him. "She almost hit me! Look before you throw someone off the balcony! IF YOU KILL ME THERE WON'T BE ANYONE LEFT TO CLEAN YOUR MESSES!" Roman slowly peered over to see Joan standing there with their bag in hand. "I take it... this wasn't the 'mess' I was told about though."

"Remus went after the other... inside." Joan frowned as they stepped over the lifeless body before them. Blood was slowly beginning to pool around her head as Joan knelt down to see the damage. They blinked and suddenly the body burst into fire turning her corpse to ash that blew away with the wind. "We have live ones inside, Joan. Two of them."

"I was told there were, Kids." Roman's eyes darkened as Logan nodded. "Thomas needs to be informed."

"FUCK NO!" Logan jumped slightly as Roman yelled out. "I... I can't. Not dad..."

"I am aware but if he can forgive Remus than..." Roman vanished before Joan could finish making the witch sigh in defeat. "Logan?"

"They aren't aware of us, Joan. Or of... Them so... do keep that in mind when talking to the two." Logan's eyes darkened a bit as he shook his head. "They're in a fragile state right now. I'd stick to Roy."

"Understood." Joan walked through the home and frowned seeing all the souls this house had trapped. Thankfully so many were now simple bursts of energy from losing themselves in death but... There were still those... like the twins who were more than just your average lost soul. "Remus?" Joan's eyes met with the true... mess, and they smiled sadly seeing there was no one there. 

"He went to the boys." Joan nodded setting themself to work as the man in the doorway sighed. "Thank you, Joan."

"Well, you did call me." The man smiled as he shook his head and watched Joan's magic and skill.

"Didn't mean you had to come. Seriously, Babes... Joan... thanks."