13

"Are you sure you want to do this kiddo?" Roy frowned as he clenched his fists tightly.

"I am sure we could determine a better course of action considering all the possible repercussions of such actions." Roy's eyes burned with a fire not many saw from the man as he just nodded.

"Nobody hurts those I care about." Roy's eyes narrowed as he turned away from the two and started to pace. "They broke in. They scared Virgil... and Janus!"

"I understand that, I do but... Kiddo, this isn't like you." Roy froze up and glared over at the older man with black hair and blue eyes. He had freckles that dotted his rosy cheeks underneath a nice pair of grey glasses. His light blue shirt although dusty in some areas was neet under his grey cardigan he had wrapped around his shoulders. "What you're planning... isn't something you do."

"Just because I've never put it to action like him, doesn't mean I haven't thought of it before, Patton." The man with the cardigan frowned as he looked over at the other man. He had brown hair and hazel eyes. He wore a black polo and blue tie that look a little singed at the bottom. Roy groaned as he shook his head. "Nobody hurts those I care about, Patton. THEY SCARED VIRGIL!"

"Excuse me if I'm wrong but didn't you do the same?" Roy froze up as the other fixed his tie.

"That's not the same and you both know it. What Virgil did... because of us... because of me, I'll never forgive myself. I won't let anyone else hurt him. I won't accept it."

"I'm sorry, Kiddo." Patton frowned as he stepped back shaking his head. "I just can't help with this."

"That's ok, Patton." Roy smiled sadly as he looked away. "You don't have to. I would never dream of forcing... this... on you. I'll take care of it."

"Kiddo, there are TWO of them." Roy smirked as he quirked his brow. There was laughter from the shadows catching the other two off gaurd as another Roy slowly joined the other.

"And there's two of us." Roy... Er, Remus glanced over at the other one, the one who had already been there and frowned.

"You sure about this, Roman. Patton is right about one thing. I'm usually the one who thinks to do this... hell we all know I have." Roman's eyes narrowed as he crossed his arms.

"They hurt Virgil." Remus smiled brightly as Roman met his eyes with a fire he'd NEVER seen before. "I won't let that stand. What about you? You don't exactly have a..."

"Janus was crying." Roman's eyes went wide as Remus's smile turned crazy and murderous. "They made that boy cry and shake... He thought he was going to die Roman. Those two... Nothing but bullies."

"And now I see..." Patton laughed sadly before letting out a soft sigh. "There is no changing your mind. Just... I want you two to be safe. Is that so much to ask?" Remus giggled as Roman shook his head. 

"What exactly are they going to do to us?" Both twins spoke in unison. "Shoot me?"

"Drown me?" Patton's eyes darkened as the twin both shot him the same look. "We're already dead."

"Patton, It's ok to not want to participate." Remus smiled as Patton started to cry. "You can watch over the boys if you want. It... It would actually make me... and probably Roman feel better knowing someone was watching them." Roman nodded furiously as Patton sighed.

"Ok... Just... be safe." Patton turned around and seemed to vanish from the room leaving the three there alone. Roman glance over at the one in the polo who just shot him a confused look in return.

"What?" Remus and Roman both share a concerned glance before the other started to laugh. "You both thought I would leave with Patton, didn't you?"

"Well, don't get me wrong Logan but... yes." Roman frowned slightly in concern as Logan just smirked at him. "I thought you would agree... He is your husband."

"See that's where you, Ray, and I have a commonality. You see..." Logan's eyes went dark as he smirked deviously. "Nobody upsets my family." Logan's smirk dropped as his eyes darted to the doorway. "Let's go murder some people." Remus's eyes lit up as he jumped with hyper nervousness.

"That's more like it. Let's go bois... Ray Ray's been itching to put a knife in someone's back." Remus's eyes glittered with rage as the other two watched him head for the door. "I'll stab that asshole forever tear that fell from Janus's eyes."

Patton sat there in the hideout watching the boys as they cuddled together. Part of him wanted to reach out and comfort them. Virgil was crying in a panic as Janus struggled not to fall under himself. The two had most likely never experienced something like this. Then again... Neither had Patton. At least, not like this.

Patton always hated watching the young once that entered these walls hurt so badly. He wanted to be there for Roman. He wanted to help him like Ro had helped Virgil but... he couldn't. He hated how Remus suffered. Roman tried to help him. He tried to but... it didn't work. Roman still blames himself for what happened. Maybe that was why those two did what they did to Janus. Neither brother wanted history to repeat. Neither brother wanted to see Virgil hurt. Neither did Patton. 

It wasn't that Patton didn't want to help the boys. It wasn't that he wouldn't be up there right now doing whatever he could to assist. He knew it was wrong. He knew what would happen. It was very very bad to have these thoughts but... when he saw Roman and Remus die... knowing he could have done something and not knowing if it would have changed what happened... it killed him... again. But now... Seeing these two boys in such a panic not knowing if they would live or die, it twisted something inside him and let me tell you this... There is nothing worse than a parent scorned. And it is for that very reason Patton refused to help. Because he knew if he did...

Not even their sole would have survived his wrath.