4

"Yo Snake!" Virgil slammed Jan into the lockers shocking the boy as he smirked deviously. "You got me a week's worth of detention."

"You shouldn't have pissed me off." Janus hissed as he shoved Virgil back who simply glared through his fringe. "Fuck off before I repeat history."

"You are so crashing hard aren't you?" Jan's eyes widened as Virgil smirked. "What? Can't score anymore?"

"I don't know what you're talking about?" Virgil sighed as he shrugged and slowly turned around shooting the boy thing knowing smirk making Janus tense with an anxious look. His eye darted about the place seeing that no one was even really there and Virgil chuckled. 

"Thought maybe I would extend an olive branch but if you're not interested..."

"Wait!" Virgil froze up in shock and surprise over it actually possibly working and frowned as he looked over to see Janus staring at the ground. "Life has been pretty hectic and... yes, I'm out but..."

"I'd be willing to share." Janus's eyes darted up in shock as Virgil shifted.

"Wait... You smoke?" Virgil nodded and as he shoved his hands back into his pockets and smiled. "Do you..."

"... have weed?" Janus frowned as Virgil nodded again. "Yep, I hide it in my attic so my father doesn't snatch it. I'd be more than willing to just sit and smoke with you if you want."

"Uh..." Virgil took the boy's hand with a smirk and Janus's eyes went wide.

"Let's skip."

"Wait, what?!" Virgil groaned in annoyance as he literally yanked the kid forward making him stumble and glare at him. "I can't..."

"If you want to smoke some of my shit, you have to skip. Dad's gonna be busy with a new patient so he won't even notice we're there." Virgil's eyes narrowed as he dragged Jan out of the school. Roy's voice filled his mind as the memory of their conversation played on repeat.

"We should scare him!" Virgil frowned as Roy jumped up with a gleam in his eyes. "Please, Virgie... Please? Please, can we scare him? Please..."

"Woah, hold up. We can't just..." Roy tilted his head a bit with a smile and Virgil tensed up. How is it that this boy can look so childish while asking to scare some bully? "How would we even do it?"

"I would." Virgil narrowed his eyes as Roy spun around laughing. "Oh, come on, Virgie. Please? I can totally scare this guy. He'll never bully you again."

"Why do you care so much? It's just some asshole..." Roy's eyes flashed causing Virgil to flinch at the sudden change. 

"Bullies are monsters, Virgil. When someone can make another's life absolute hell to the point where they feel their only option is suicide..." Roy's eyes narrowed he brushed his hair back and frowned. "I hate all of them."

"Are you ok?" Roy's smiled instantly came back as he nodded enthusiastically. "Really, because it looked like you..."

"You tickle me, emo. This isn't about me." Roy's eyes darkened with a devious glint as his smile turned sinister. "Just get this guy to the attic. I'll take care of the rest."

"When?" Virgil tensed with concern as Roy quirked a brow. "When do you want to do this?"

"Tomorrow. As soon as possible. Skip school if you have to. I'll be in the attic waiting." Virgil nodded as he watched Roy jumped onto the fence leading over to Thomas's house. "See ya tomorrow, Virgie." He fell back of the fence with a two-finger salute and freaking Virgil out. He ran over to check to make sure he was ok but the boy seemed to just vanish into thin air.

"You sure about this, Virgil? My father is the fucking principal... I've never missed a single day." Virgil scoffed as they started up the porch.

"Jeez, you need to live a little, Jan. Now shh..." Virgil opened the door quietly as he let Jan in and smirked. He actually lied about his father being there. Emile had told him he was going to go out before he left for school that morning. Needless to say, Virgil happy to find out it was true. "Follow me. I put the shit up in the attic."

"Why?" Janus looked around in a curious daze as Virgil narrowed his eyes. 

"So my overprotective father doesn't find it." Virgil shot Jan this look getting a weird shy one in return as the two started up the steps. "Why else? We went over this."

"I don't know. My parents didn't give two shit about me smoking. They don't really care about me if I'm being honest." Virgil's climb slowed as Janus continued to take everything in. "My father was only concerned about image. He's the principal after all. He wanted his name to mean something. Other than that he really didn't care. Won't even give me detention despite being so fucking bad. I mean I literally hit you with a fucking food tray and didn't get so much as a stern wording."

"Yeah, why is that?" Janus frowned as he shrugged.

"They're afraid of him? Maybe? I don't know. They don't want to lose their jobs and my father is pretty high up there in the community too. He isn't just the principal. They won't touch me. I literally set the kitchen on fire and they blamed the head nurse despite me having left proof." Janus frowned as he rolled his eyes and groaned. "I'm just tired. All this acting out and shit... it isn't getting me anywhere. It's pointless." Virgil's hand sat on the door nob to the attic as his mind went on a tumble. "Virgil?"

"Uh..."

"Are you going to open the door?" Virgil frowned as he bit his lip and sighed. He pushed the door open finding Roy sitting on a table kicking his legs with a beaming smile on his face.

"VIRGIE!"