8

Trigger Warning- Mentions of a school shooting, mentions of suicide

"So he apologized?" Virgil sighed as he shugged breathing in that hot firey smoke as he sat there staring off into space. "I don't know Virge... It just doesn't seem right."

"Like I said it's like he's split-faced." Virgil glanced over to see Janus bitting his lip anxiously as his leg bounced clearly portraying his nerves. "Jannie I know. I'm skeptical too but... I think I have to look at it this way. Roy is seeing my father for a reason. That reason very well could be some sort of identity disorder, I mean... How else do you explain it?"

"Virge, you saw what I saw right?" Virgil's eyes narrowed as Janus's voice cracked. The poor boy has been a complete bundle of fear since that incident. He was surprised they even talked but... it was as if their shared experience made them close. They were practically best friends at this point. "There were two of him."

"I don't know... It had to be some sort of trick. I just don't know what to think Jannie." Janus frowned as he held his hand out and Virgil sighed handing his cigarette over and watching as Jantook a breathe.

"He scares the shit out of me, Virge. I... I looked him up." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Janus's hands shook bad. "I called in a favor my dad owed the chief of police... There isn't a single fucking record of a Romulus Sanders."

"That's not his real name..." Janus's eyes darkened causing Virgil to reel back in shock. "What?"

"There isn't a Romulus Sanders... But there is a Remus." Janus hugged himself tightly as he let out a breath of smoke and watched as it slowly vanished into the chilled air. "And Virge... he isn't a good guy."

"What do you mean?" 

"There was a Remus Sanders quite a few years back who... Virgil, he shot up a school." The air chilled to the bone as Virgil froze up completely. "Virgil... He shot up the school killing over a dozen innocent kids."

"Th-There h-had to be a reason." The look Janus shot Virgil was a literal slap to the face.

"A REASON?! Virgil, he killed over a dozen kids. Shot them down in cold blood... What reason could he have..."

"NO!" Virgil jumped up and took off. He left the park where he and Janus usually hung out and just ran. He wouldn' t believe it. He couldn't believe it. The man that cleaned him up and cared for him... He couldn't believe that that man could do something so... Virgil froze up the moment he got to his house. Roy was standing there on the porch with this sad look in his eyes. "Roy?"

"So... I know this is going to sound very strange... considering he... I already did this but..." Virgil's eyes widened seeing the way Roy shifted about. It was as if he couldn't stand still and that meant... this was the other side of Roy. "I wanted to apologize... er, well... again?"

"About?" Virgil watched as Roy bit his lip and shook. "Roy?"

"I didn't mean to be the bad guy." Virgil's face fell as Roy started to cry. "I don't know why I always do this... I-I'm not a bad person but... I always do bad things. I don't get it. It's like I can't see that it's wrong until... Until it's to late and by then it's already done and I can't change it but I want to and I don't like seeing it all and the people that get hurt and Virgie I'm sorry. I just... I can't stand bullies."

"You always call me Virgie when you're like this." Roy's eyes narrowed in confusion as Virgil sighed and started for the door.

"When I'm... I'm always like this, Virgie." Virgil froze up as his eyes darted to the boy beside him. "I'm the same as I always have been. That's the problem though, isn't it? Maybe if I did change this shit would stop happening. I-I just don't know how to... I... Roman was right." Roy fell to the floor and just hugged his knees as Virgil jumped back in shock. "There is something wrong with me."

"Roman?" Roy smiled as he shook head and just stared off. "Roy, that's the first time I heard you say that name."

"He's going to kill me." Virgil frowned as Roy looked back towards the door and laughed. "Virgie... I really am sorry. Please... Could you tell Janus too?"

"Why don't you tell him yourself?" Roy shook his head as his eyes fell to the floor. 

"I can't. Not unless he were to come here or something but..." Virgil's eyes narrowed as Roy slowly got to his feet and started for the fence. "After what we did I don't think he'll come anywhere near this place." Virgil watched as Roy pulled himself up till he was sitting on the fence again and sighed. "Please tell him I'm sorry. I really don't know why I took it that far."

"Sure." Roy smiled softly as he nodded before once again dropping off the fence and vanishing from sight. Virgil didn't even hear him land. He sighed pushing himself through his door and ignoring the voices coming from his living room. Seems as though his father had a new patient and by the sounds of things they were very emotional. That wasn't what he was focused on. Roy mentioned a Roman. Janus mentioned a Remus and the bad things he did. Virgil had to know. He had to.

So he pushed himself up to his room and collapsed on his bed with a shaky breath. He pulled out his laptop and searched up the only concrete name he had at the moment. 'Remus Sanders'... Let's just say what he found was not what he wanted.

"Oh god..." Virgil gasped as he read the article. Tears fell down his cheeks at the list of names of all the dead and wounded. Janus wasn't kidding. Remus killed so many. Virgil swallowed the rising panic as he quickly searched for photos anything, ANYTHING to disprove they were the same but... An group proved it was true. There was a picture of a boy with bright blonde hair and gleaming green eyes amongst a team of football players. Remus Sanders... Virgil's hands shook as he added the name Roy had given him. 'Roman and Remus Sanders'... Twins.

 Virgil was met with a picture of the boys and Thomas. Thomas and one of the boys, Virgil could only assume to be Remus from all the green, looked happy but... Roman had dark circles around the eyes. His red beenie did nothing to hid how dead his hair looked. 

Virgil didn't know why but... He looked him up. He looked Roman up and the moment he saw that news article pop up he broke inside. 'High School Prince Commits Suicide.'

"The Prince of Harrington High was found dead this morning in his tub by his twin brother. Sources say the boy suffered from depression and dealt with a lot of bullying in school. Nobody knew how far this depression rooted until was far too late." Virgil listened to the news reporter in the video but he never took his eyes off the boy in the background. Remus and Thomas stood there staring as the police took the full body bag out of the house. Remus's eyes were dull and dark... devoid of any emotion. Suddenly Remus's eyes shot to the camera and Virgil jumped at the pure rage rolling off of him. Virgil slammed his computer down and just sat there shaking. Roy... Romulus was... had to be... Remus Sander and... and he... 

Janus was right.