11

"They left the fucking door unlocked." Virgil tensed as he jumped down to a crouch so that he couldn't get seen. His heart was racing, his thoughts in a spiral. But worst of all, his friend was right next to him. If Virgil hadn't asked for him to come over than Janus would be safe at home right now.

"They probably just assumed no one would try to rob Murder House." Virgil narrowed his eyes in confusion shooting a glance over at Janus who had paled. He can't think about that right now. He had to get them both out... and preferably alive. Virgil took a deep breath and tried to think things through. He didn't know what he should do first. He knew he had to call someone. He had to get Janus out. But there are two people in his house now and Virgil didn't know if they were armed. 

"Look at this, Lydia." Virgil frown as he inched closer to the edge making Janus start to freak. He grabbed Virgil's arm with tears in his eyes but Virgil just shook his head and moved again. "It's a plague for being a great therapist. Who gets an award for listening to peoples problem's all day?" Virgil clenched his fists tightly as he peeked over again to see there was no one there. Before Janus could even scream for him to stop, which he obviously didn't to, Virgil was gone. Janus quickly covered his mouth to muffle the cries as he pushed himself hard against the couch. He knew he had to move. He was just sitting there. At any moment... 

Someone jumped over the couch scaring the shit out of Janus who involuntarily started to scream, only for them to quickly cover his mouth so he couldn't. He couldn't stop the pitiful and terrified whine that escaped him as his tears blurred everything around him.

"Shh... It's ok. It's ok." They whispered softly moving to hold Janus's hands to soothe him and calm him down. "I'm going to get you out of here. I promise." Janus hiccupped as he groaned in frustration over the noise. They just laughed and brushed his hair back before wiping the tears away. "It's ok to be scared, Janus... but you're going to get through this." Janus nodded as he wiped the rest of his tears away only to be met with stunning green eyes. 

"Romulus?" Roy smiled as he nodded before looking off to the side and piercing his lips. "Roy..." Roy placed a finger to his lips making Janus clam up as Roy just sat there with a frown.

"Two intruders... A couple..." Roy tensed as he looked around. "There isn't much in the way of escape routes, unfortunately... the morons." Roy rubbed his temples in frustration before shaking his head. "There's a door basement that leads to a hideout." Janus's eyes went wide as Roy's eyes darted about the place. "...but that leaves Virgie."

"W-Where..."

"Virgie went upstares... following the girl." Janus's eyes went wide as Roy took his hand and braced himself to run. Janus quickly did the same as Roy just sighed. "I need to get you to safety.  Then figure out our next step." Roy took off gripping Janus's wrist tight as to not lose him. They made it to the kitchen before having to duck again. Janus tensed as he pushed himself tight against the counter. Roy simply sat there looking around. His eyes met with a cutlery set and Janus's eyes went wide. He watched with growing fear as Roy grabbed a knife and held it close to his chest as he moved back beside Jan. Roy could see his fear and frowned. "I pray I don't have to use but... I will protect you Jan." Roy's eyes shined with a sort of guilty concern making Janus deflate a bit. "It's the least I could after what I did to you."

"Just make sure we both get out alive." Roy laughed a bit as he shook his head with a smile. 

"Don't worry. I'm sure Virgie is..." Janus quickly took Roy's hand and narrowed his eyes making the boy freeze up. 

"I care about Virgil. I want him out alive too. But in this moment... I was referring to you." Roy's eyes went wide as Janus quickly jumped and covered his mouth to suppress the cry over the loud crash that sounded right behind them. Roy gripped the knife tightly as his eyes darted the place again in thought. Janus could see the fear and pain etched in his eyes as the boy gripped so tight his knuckles went wide. He saw the struggle. He recognized it too... "Don't, Roy." Roy's eyes snapped over to him and Janus smiled softly. "You could get hurt."

"You're my only concern right now." Roy tensed only to let out a breath and let the knife hit the floor. "You're right." Janus smiled as he looked around and his eyes lit up. He ran over, turning the sink on before grabbing his own knife and taking a deep breath. 

"LYDIA?!" Janus grabbed Roy's hand pulling him behind the door just as the guy walked him. Janus smirked at how they were positioned. Roy was against the wall with Janus pressed up against them. Their faces were moments apart and Roy was... blushing if only slightly. As the guy stomped over to turn the sink off Janus quickly took Roy's hand again and they both slipped out of the kitchen. Roy was stunned. So stunned he nearly forgot what they were even doing. "LYDIA... WHERE ARE YOU?!"

"Roy..." Roy snapped out of it squeezing Janus's hand as he dragged the other down the hall quite literally into the basement. He found the door that led to the hideout and pushed Janus inside only to freeze as the other grabbed him before he could go anywhere. "Don't go. I can't... I can't be alone. I-I'm too..." Roy just smiled as he sat down beside him and started to close the door. 

"You aren't alone Jan. I've got you."