I

René narrowed her eyes at the Omega whose eyes were wide in fear, "What? Are you scared?"

Elise shook her head denying the taunting accusation delivered by the future Luna of the Nightcry Pack.

Elise managed to speak out a lie to deny the accusation, firmly saying "No, I am not."

"Are you sure Omega? You look like you are about to wet your pants in fear, but I guess you are just a little Omega. You would not be able to defend yourself," Stella giggled.

"I can do it. I am not afraid," Elise firmly stated, terrified to lose her friends because they would see her as the worst person ever for not conforming and carrying out a dare that could— likely would— end her life.

If she was an observer she would easily see that their friendships was one sided and toxic to her. She however did not, because like all wolves, she looked up to her Luna and longed for her approval. To be accepted into the friend group was a miracle considering her rank in the pack.

"René, what if she gets killed. The Alpha—" Anne whispered to her future Luna.

She knew that the Omega could not hear. Omegas were after all the weakest of wolves, few could even shift into their wolves, and Elise was not one of those few.

"She's an Omega, lowest rank. No one will suspect us to associate with her, if they even care. Besides I'm sure she'll take one foot over and then scurry back," René whispered back in reply.

"But you know you can lose the Luna position. If the Mating Ceremomy and everything is cancelled because of something you've done, the Luna is not supposed to—"

"Come let's go," René said getting up from the bed where the girls were all lying.

"Are you crazy!?" Stella hissed.

Elise was trembling in fear at the thought of the dare she had to do. Originally she had prayed that it would not be a dare like sneak into some boy's bedroom and do whatever or to go and kiss a guy but at that moment she wished she had gotten one of those. A week of embarrassment would not cost her her life.

"It's not too late to pull out Elise. If you're scared," René said smirking.

"N-no I can do it," Elise insisted.

"René I'm not so sure. There is a lightning storm outside—" Anne said.

"I-it's just five minutes r-right?" Elise squeaked.

"Nope. The whole night. Only when dawn breaks but I mean you should be fine. I mean you can always shift and outrun any rogues," René said.

She was completely oblivious to the fact that the Omega was unable to shift.

"Y-yeah," Elise said, not wanting to seem weak around her friends of higher rank.

"René if she dies because of us, we could get kicked out the pack or be killed. She is an orphan and an Omega. The pack specifically cares for her type and it is a Luna's duty to care for both as well. If she dies you'll lose your position," Anna whispered worried about herself and her friends.

She knew they had originally taken Elise as their friend to play around a bit with her. It was sort of a fun and nearly sadistic experiment to see how far an Omega would go for their Luna's approval.

Anna, being the more rational thinking one, believed that the dare was going way too far. René's position could be ripped away if the current Alpha or the pack saw fit.

It was only minutes later that they were all standing at the edge of the territory with Elise staring terrified at what lay before her. That was the closest she had ever gotten to the boundary. She had never gotten close enough to see the boundary before that was marked off with a one meter high stone wall that warned trespassers and pack members that it was the end of pack territory there.