The new girl in town - 9

Our team has never been better, we are just one big family. Right now. We are all just messing around and dancing. When a random girl walks in.

"Well. Now that I'm here, which one of you is leaving?"

"Um. leaving?" James asks.

"Is it you?" She says pointing at Riley. "You look like you need a holiday."

Riley looked really offended when the mysterious girl turned to me.

"You just look like you don't want to be here. Or maybe you just look like the weakest dancer." She says to me.

My jaw drops, how dare she...

"Quieres ir ! Entonces vamos !" You wanna go! So let's go. I death stare her. I can already tell I don't like her.

"Feisty."

"Who's the new girl?" West comes up beside me, looking at the girl.

"The new girl is Ella. Nice to meet you."

"Ella here is part of the international exchange program." Ms Kate joins the conversation."

"None of you actually answered my question." Ella starts. "Which one of you is leaving?"

"One if you is going to Sweden, don't worry you'll be back in time for internationals."

"Kate? Who is leaving?"

"I have chosen.... Stephanie."

Stephanie looks to the ground. I think she wanted to prove herself, even though she was an alternate. West tried to comfort her but he gives up.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Rehearsal was about to start when I see West, Riley and Noah putting in their shoes so I walk over.

"Alright, let's head to rehearsal." Noah says as both him and west walk in different directions, pulling Riley into the splits.

"Omg." I say as I laugh and try help her up.

"I think my work here is done." Ella says coming out of nowhere. But as soon as I see her, my face falls into a frown, I just don't like her.

But after that, we rehearse for a couple hours with Ella joining in wherever.

I can tell that Riley is in the same page as me, we don't really like her. She's trouble.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(What I'm wearing ⤴️)

I'm in Hidlogos,with Noah just talking when Ella and Riley walk in.

"Why is she with her." I whisper to him.

"You know, El, she's not that bad." He says back.

I furrow my eyebrows at him. "What did I do to her? You know, when she said what she said."

"Ellie..."

"Noah. Am I the weakest dancer?"

"O-Of course you're not."

"Why'd you hesitate?" I pause for a second. "You know what? Maybe I am." I say as I get tears eyes, I get up and walk away.

He stands up and follows me out calling my name but I can't even deal with him at the moment. He technically just said I was the weakest dancer.

I thought we were closer than that, he even said....

I walk into Studio 1 and quickly turn to face him.

"You said I deserved this spot! Was that a lie?" I spit.

"Of course not!" He spits back.

"Then why'd you say all that stuff and then technically say I was the weakest!" I yell.

"You're not the weakest!" He yells back matching my tone. At first I was taken a back, but then I start up again.

"solo dime por qué dudaste de mí." just tell me why you doubted me. I say softly.

"You know I'm a bit rusty on the Spanish, but I'm gonna take a guess." He comes up closer to me. " I never doubted you for a second."

I furrow my eyebrows and look up to the boy in front of me, my best friend since childhood. I really do like him, maybe that's why I'm getting so upset. Because his opinion matters the most to me.

"You know, Ellie, I'm not the best with long speeches." A slight smile graces both our faces as he continues. "But all I gotta say is that.... you're one of our strongest dancers. Don't let some random or even Richelle tell you any different - like I said before.

"Can you tell me why you hesitated though?"

"I don't know." This causes me to slightly frown. "But hey? Why do you dance? You don't just dance cause someone tells you too."

"I dance for the thrill of it. It gives me a way to get all my emotions out into the world."

"So...." he says standing up grabbing me up by my hands. ".....dance."

I begin to dance to the song - Someone to you by BANNERS. It's a lyrical dance and it makes me think, I'm not the weakest.

At the end Noah joins in with a lift and when we finish one of his hands is wrapped around my waist and his other is on my cheek. Both my hands are on his chest. We are looking into each other eyes just as the song ends fully.

Slowly, he begins to lean in, but because I'm stupid, I notice what's happening. I pull away and take a step back. I look like a deer in the headlights and suddenly I run out.