Things I Miss - 33

Credit to samairadeans (for giving me the idea to do Noah's POV ) all the other people that have been giving me suggestions, I just want to say thank you !🤍🤍

Noah's POV

It's been a few weeks since I broke up with Ellie to be with Amanda. I've been put in a quartet for the next qualifier and let's just say I've been a little distracted. Well not really distracted.... my back has been acting up and it's finally been getting a little better so I'm trying not to push it.

I quickly jog to Studio A, I have a rehearsal. "Hey, I'm Uh, ready to rehearse." I say while beginning to pull off my jacket.

"Don't bother. We actually did the rehearsal without you. Office now." Riley says, she sounds a little angry.

"Okay..." I say softly. I actually skipped the rehearsal due to my back and I can't tell anyone the only person that knows is Amanda. When I walk into the office riley grabs a small bowl of tiny hard lollies and start pushing them around. I reach forward to grab one but she smacks my hand away. "Ow."

"Why were you late noah?!" She raises her voice while putting down the bowl. She is actually quite scary when she wants to be.

"I was just- I had some things I had to go do." I lie.

"No. I don't want your excuses. You messed up at the qualifier and I gave you a big chance by putting you in the second one. And I need to know if you can handle it." She rants. "Did I make a mistake?"

"No, I promise." I shake my head.

"Your promises mean nothing to me." She says bluntly and I flinch at the hostility. Is she half mad at what I did to Ellie? Great. "You're gonna have to prove yourself, in 10 minutes you guys show me what you can do in the studio."

"Like right now?" I ask, oh no - what if this ruins my back even more?

"Go get changed."she says, I'm not going to let her down. I nod and begin to turn and walk over when she speaks up again. "Noah?" She says softly.

I turn, "yeah?" I match her tone.

"Have you heard from Ellie?" She frowns.

My face drops. I have really been trying not to think about her because every time I do... I can't stop. I miss the way she always came to me if she had a problem, I miss the way she was so awkward sometimes, I miss the way the dimples in her cheeks would show when she smiled. I miss the way were eyes would dilate when she saw me, I miss the way she blushed and looked to the ground. I miss her hugs and I miss her soft lips on mine- Wait, I cant be thinking these things. I'm with Amanda. Stop it, Noah.

"I Uh... no." I answer and walk out to go get changed.

——

I have to prove myself to Riley, I just don't want to get thrown off the team. I've been dancing ever since I can remember and I don't want to ruin my chances just because of some back injury.

"Okay Noah, Acro is your strong suit so.... show me a lot of that." Riley says while walking over to the edge of the studio floor.

"Okay.." I murmur as I walk to the centre of the room, the song starts and I start dancing the best I can - with my back in the state it's in. My back is hurting but it's manageable, I just need to power through this dance.

I can't show any signs of weakness but it's really hard - some of the moves I'm doing are killing me and straining my back. Right now, I'm so focused I didn't even see Michelle walk in.

I finish dancing and my back is in so much pain I begin to grimace so I quickly turn away from the girls. "Thats more like it! If you dance at the qualifier like that, we are sure to win." Riley smiles.

Now that I've redeemed myself - I really need to rest my back.

——

I walk into Java Junction - I'm meeting up with Amanda. It's been great with her but I always have a feeling that something is wrong whenever I'm with her. Like a nagging feeling but I always shrug it off. "Hey Noah." Amanda smile while patting for me to sit next to her.

"Hi.... hey can I talk to you for a second?" I say while sitting down.

"Isn't That why you called me?"

"Uh... yeah" I say while scratching the back of my neck. "I know you told me to rest my back but I-"

"You danced again!" She whisper yells at me obviously filling in the blanks.

"I'm sorry, Riley was going to kick me off the team." I say back.

"Noah.... you need to stop." She says while looking me in the eyes.

I give in to her puppy dog eyes but it still feels weird. "Fine..."  I say while looking down, but I know I'm going to have to dance again tomorrow.

"Okay, now I've got to go do something, I'll talk to you later." She leans over and pecks my on the lips, then leaves. I'm left with a feeling in my stomach.

It's not butterflies - like how it used to be with Amanda.... it's more like something's eating away at me... something..... like guilt?

A/N: sorry I haven't been updating and sorry if it has any spelling mistakes - I'm still not up to editing it :)