Screw you - 29

Right now I'm sitting in Java Junction with Alfie, his actually a pretty funny guy and a really good friend. "So where did you transfer from?" I ask.

"Switzerland." He smiles while drinking his coffee.

"Woah, that's so cool, I've always wanted to go over there." I say taking a sip of my smoothie.

"Yeah, it's quite beautiful." He says but as he finishes his gazes shifts from me and looks behind me, I follow his gaze and see Skylar talking to Cassie about Riley. "Do you hear that?" He whispers.

"That can't be good." I whisper back. She catches us looking and motions for us to come sit with her, Alfie gets up and heads over while I still hesitantly get up and try not to spill my smoothie.

"What's up Skylar." I hear Alfie say. Ugh, why did it have to be her. "Because something obviously is."

"I'm just a little worried that we won't even make it to regionals after we flamed out at the qualifier." She says as I sit next to Alfie, carefully placing my smoothie down.

"Skylar, honey. If you have a problem about the team, talk to Riley. You-" I say sourly, but get cut off by Alfie putting his hand on my leg to stop me.

"What she means is, if your really think the team is in trouble why not just talk to Riley." He corrects me as I take a sip of my smoothie.

"Cause what if Riley's the problem." Skylar says which make me spit out my beloved banana, strawberry and mango smoothie.

"Uh, what?" I say wiping my mouth and reaching for a paper towel to wipe up my mess, I feel Alfie's hand tighten around my thigh for a split second, which makes me think he feels the same as I do, worry for Riley.

"I mean, no ones trying to over throw her or anything, I just think it'd be a good thing to might Uh, get together and vent out some frustration."

"Hell na-" I begin but Alfie cuts me off.

"S-Sure." He says.

"So you guys are in?" She questions.

"I'll do whatever Alfie does." I say eyeing her.

"Yeah, I guess we're in." Alfie says reluctantly.

"Ok, I'll text you the details, and don't tell Riley.

"We won't."

And with that Skylar left and Alfie removes his hand from my leg. We sit in silence for a bit until I finally couldn't take it. "That backstabbing, lying little shi-"

"Oi, stop, this could be really bad for riley."

"Agreed. And for the studio."

"Exactly. We're going to that meeting and figuring out what's going on. Before it's to late."

                                       -➰-

It finally time for this 'meeting' that Skylar had put together so Alfie and I walk into the rehearsal room and see Skylar, Richelle, Sloane, Cassie, Piper and Amy standing together.

"Perfect, you're right on time." Skylar says as we walk in. "We're about to vote."

"Can we just say something?" Alfie asks.

"Sure."

"there's been a lot of talk about somehow one person is responsible for a lot of that has gone wrong in the studio lately." Alfie starts.

"We're supposed to be a team, and we have to deal with issues as a team." I finish.

"But that doesn't mean that we can go and ignore everything that has gone wrong. The next step needs a strong leader, and Riley hasn't improved that she can be one." Skylar argues.

"Riley isn't the perfect leader" Alfie says walking up to Skylar. "Not yet."

"She's new to running the studio, just like I'm how a lot of you are new to the studio." I continue. "We have to support each other, it's the only way we'll win."

"Exactly." Alfie agrees. "So do you still wanna have your vote?" He asks Skylar.

"Maybe we'll hold off for now." She says then walks out. And with that the rest of the girls walk out too then Alfie and I are left.

"I think that worked for now." I say hopefully.

"That'll hold em off." He agrees then we fistbump and walk out too.

-➰-

It's been a few days since Skylar held that meeting and she hasn't done anything so I think we are in the clear for now, right now, A-Troop is in studio A waiting to see Riley because she called a meeting.

"Okay everybody, uhm, we need to clear the air. About the qualifiers." Riley says as she walks over to us. "Noah. You seemed distracted like something was wrong, am I right?"

I finally get to hear the answer.

"I admit there was some level of distraction." He replies.

"Okay? I appreciate your honesty but I need to know why. Did you just not care? Did you not eat your breakfast? Were you hurt? No we all deserve an answer."

"Very well, the reason I was so distracted was because" he begins to stall ".... Amanda.... told me she liked me." He starts and I look over to her, hurt in my eyes. What? "And I think I feel the same way...." he say softly.

I nearly give myself whiplash from how fast I moved from looking at Amanda to looking at Noah, who was beside me. I take a step away from him. "You what?" I say but I comes out as a whisper, tears fill the brim of my eyes and threaten to fall. My nose begins to sting and I begin to frown as I take another step away.

"El..." He begins.

"No..." I stop him. "I'm n-not doing this here" I say as my hot tears finally fall, I wipe them away and my eyes turn red and puffy from my tears.

"Ellie, I'm sorry I-" He begins to step closer to me, I look around and see the troop staring at us.

"No." I shake my head. "You know what, screw you, noah." And with that I run out of the studio.

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥!! 𝐀𝐰𝐰 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐚𝐬