Oh no.... - 40

After I finished dancing, I was going to find Richelle I needed to talk to someone I trusted, but she was with Michelle and Amy, so I then made my way to Riley; since I trust her a lot and I know she wouldn't tell anyone. On the way to Studio A - where her office is, I begin to feel a little guilty about my feelings towards Noah, he has a new girlfriend... thats not me. I begin to walk through the lounge, it's the quickest way to get to Studio A, without seeing anyone.

I was about to walk around the corner and out of the lounge, when someone crashed into me, "Woah..." I breathe as I hold out my arms to keep them from falling down, but they ended up falling anyway, pushing both of us into the room. "What's the rush, Ri?"

"Oh, hi there.." she smiles awkwardly as she layer on the ground, "uhm... nothing much..." she says as her arms cross behind her head, making her looked relaxed.

"That wasn't the question..." I smile down to her and shake my head softly.

"Oh... it wasn't?"

I make my way onto the floor and lay down beside her, gently kicking the door shut in the process. I get comfortable then I turn my head so I can see her. "So... what was the rush.."

"I needed to get away from..." she starts but cuts herself off, she seemed embarrassed but I knew it wasn't because she ran into me.

"From?" I ask curiously, who would she be - quite literally - running away from?

"A- .... Alfie..." she grimaced at the name, then looked away from me.

"Why? What's wrong with Alfie?" I questioned.

"Absolutely nothing...." she whispered.

"So why are you running away from him?" I squinted at the girl beside me as she looked back at me.

"Because- Because I kind of.... I feel...."

My eyes widen at the realisation of what she was trying to say. "Riley!" I say sitting up and looking back down at her. "You have a boyfriend." I whisper quickly, emphasising the word boyfriend.

"I know!" She whispers back quickly while pulling me back down beside her. "But there is a this type of energy between Alfie and I and it's playing with my head." She admits.

"Ri... you have James, and he loves you with all of his heart. You can't break that.... trust me.... I know how it feels." I whisper sadly, "It hurts. A lot."

She looks over to me slowly, and is met with the sad look on my face. "I know, I can't do that to him."

A minute goes by of silence, the two of us just laying on the floor in a comfortable silence before I speak up.

"I actually wanted to talk to you about something..." I say, i had kind of forgotten about it due to our little crash and talk about James and Alfie. "I wanted to talk to you about me and my feelings towards someone."

"Is it me? Oh tell me it's me!" Riley teases me while making kissing faces and reaching from my cheeks.

I instantly smack her hands away, "No. Its not you." I laugh, "but wouldn't you be honoured if it was."

"I would be, very much." She giggled.

"No it's not you... it's actually, Noah..." I admit, it's weird to say out loud, but I know how I feel.

"You still have feelings for him?" She asks and I nod, "thats why you didn't want to do the duet with him... isn't it?"

I nod, "yeah but thats not all of the reason, I meant what I said, I am basically new to the team..."

"No you're not, El. You helped us win at internationals!" She says while emphasising internationals, "you were in B troop and then went straight into a competition that big!"

"I know but it wasn't all just me, it was everyone else... Also, remember the solos? I didn't get the advantage... I lost to Ella..."

"That's because she cheated, she stole my dance, you had barely prepared the one you did, besides you only lost that round but a couple points." Riley replies, "I know you have your doubts about being the weakest, and those doubts came from Ella, because she knew that you were better than her. She was just jealous."

Riley finished but I didn't say anything, it couldn't. So she kept the conversation going. "But, getting back on track, what are you gonna do about Noah?"

This caused me the to roll my eyes, I know this is what I came to her to talk about but, in some way it annoyed me. These feelings I have annoyed me. "I don't know, I guess he kind of made his choice." I admit to myself.

I had continued talking and from our place on the ground neither of us girls had realised someone had opened the back door to the room and was listening to us.

"He chose Amanda.... and I would of been fine with that, if he broke up with me in a normal way. Not just "oh I have feelings for Amanda! Sorry, not sorry Ellie" ya know?" I imitate Noah's voice to the best I could but it just came out sounding like a old man who probably lives in the mountains in the middle of no where. "Maybe if he had broken up with me in a normal way, these feelings I still have for him.... may of gone away." I pause for a second to breathe causing Riley to look at me sympathetically.

"But he didn't and these feelings are still here. And each time that I see him or dance to clear my mind or hear a certain song, my mind goes straight to him and the things we used to do..... I just miss him." I confess.

"What do you miss about him?" Riley questions.

"His hugs." I admit to not only her but myself, "his kisses, the way he would call me weird nicknames when ever they came to him, the way we danced together, the cute dates he would make...." I keep my eyes trained on the ceiling, not wanting myself to tear up. "I could go on for ages..."

Just as I finished we heard the rapid panic of someone opening the sliding door and slamming it shut as they ran out of the room, causing both Riley and I to sit up quickly and scramble to our feel. Breathing heavily we both look at the door that shut. "Who do you think that was?" Riley asks while catching her breath.

One question was playing on my mind.

"How long were they in here for?" I breathe out my concern while looking over to Riley, who - quite frankly - looked like she was going to faint.

"Oh no....."