Slept in - 11

To be really honest, I don't really remember anything from last night, other than my mum and dad fighting - then I went to my room, that's all I remember. So you I think you'll realise the confusion I had when I woke up, not in my room, not in my bed and next to NOAH!

We were really close and by close I mean I was snuggled into his chest, his arm on my waist and I could feel his breath fanning my face. Again, to be honest, I really didn't know what to think. Did I like it? Or was I hating it? All I know was that I wasn't uncomfortable.... so that's probably says something.

"Woah." I hear a groggy voice say softy, it startled me because I wasn't really paying attention to him. But as soon as I heard his voice and he released me, I sat up straight away. Awkward much.

"H-Hey...." I say really, like really awkwardly.

"Sleep well?"

"Hmmm" I hum and nod my head. "I don't really remember anything.." then it hit me and my eyes widen "Did we-"

"No! no!" He cuts me off and I feel a little relieved "you wanted to spend the night here, after what happened with your parents."

"Right." I say reaching up to my head.

We sit there for a little in a comfortable silence, then we realise it's 8:30am, rehearsal starts at 9:00am. So we quickly jump out of bed, I run into the bathroom, completely forgetting my dance clothes; so I slowly walk back out and I see Noah getting changed, so I make a decision to quickly run and grab my clothes - this was really embarrassing...

"Ellie-" is all I hear before I run back into the bathroom. I put on new undergarments, dance shorts, leotard and I put Noah's hoodie back on. Even though it looks like I'm not wearing any shorts.. I am.

(What I'm wearing⤴️)

I slowly walk out of the bathroom and see that Noah isn't in the room anymore, so I walk around and grab everything that is mine- also grabbing his sweatpants because they were comfortable, and I shove it into my dance bag.

I walk down stairs to see Noah filling his water bottle, he smiles at me, seeing that I'm wearing his hoodie, I smile back and pass him my water bottle for him to fill up. Then we grab an apple and I quickly say thank you to his mum, before he grabbed my hand and pulled me out to his car.

"Sorry." I Finally let out about 5mins into the car drive.

"For?" He asks with furrowed eyebrows but still concentrating on the road.

"You know... sorta walking in on your getting changed?" I say quietly.

He begins to laugh, "oh, it's nothing."

"I didn't see anything!" I say my cheeks turning pink.

Then he starts chuckling again as we continue the drive.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'm an awkward human being. It's one of my star qualities! But I've never been so embarrassed when Noah and I ran into Rehearsal 10mins late and everyone was waiting for us.

"Lo Siento?" Sorry. I say really embarrassed.

"Where were you? And what happened to your eye?" West says coming up to me acting all brotherly.

"I slept in and asked Noah if he could drive me since he lives only a block away from me, but we got stuck in traffic." I lie giving a smile.

"Yeah ok and your eye?" He questioned.

"Oh my eye? I fell outta bed." I lie again. Noah is the only one who knows the truth and I want to keep it that way.

West looks at me with furrowed brows, but he gives up and nods.

"Sorry Kate." Noah and I say at the same time.

"As I was saying..." Kate begins. "We have another letter from internationals..."

Basically what the letter said was that if a round ended in a tie- that to brake it, it's duets.

Kate did ask James and Riley to do it, since they won their round last year at Nationals. I can't lie, I get disappointed, I thought that maybe Noah and I could do ours but there's no arguing with Kate.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I'm in Studio 1, when I hear music coming from the music room, I got curious so I went and checked it out.

"I got two tickin' feet!
And I'm trying to cross the road...
Running away from my broken heart"

I see it was James' band playing - well it was Luke, Theo and James.

I begin to clap, when Luke sees me, "oh hey El." He smiles.

You may be thinking, how does Luke know me? Well... he's my neighbour. Haha, not very interesting but he also was my first boyfriend. I broke up with him 2 years ago, we only dated for like 6 months. I was 14, what do you expect :) anyway we've always been good friends.

"Luke." I smile. "Amazing song, about crossing the road?"

"Yeah" he laughs.

"Why'd the dinosaur cross the road?" I start a joke.

"I dunno." He shrugs.

"Because chickens haven't evolved yet."

"Funny." He says sarcastically.

"I know." I grin and walk out.