Soloists - 16

I walk into the stage, I'm terrified, why did I get pushed into this?? Why didn't Giselle or Tahlia or someone else do it... it's all down to me, whether we get the 5 point advantage.

* record scratch * you're probably wondering how did I end up in the situation, well this is what happened.

We went through the opening ceremony, and now we were at male soloist, and Eldon dances amazingly but however that wasn't enough to beat Sweden.

Now we were at female soloist.

I'm in the practise room watching Riley rehearse and then it was time.

It was now time for Ellas dance, thankfully she wasn't going against Riley because Ella is a strong dancer- I can admit that. But it doesn't really matter because no one is getting knocked out of the competition, there's one for the fivepoint advantage.

But when she starts dancing we all realise that she's doing Riley's routine.

"She's doing my routine!" Riley yells. "I can't do it, they'll think I stole it."

"Anyone have another solo?!" Kate says/yells "we only have on dance then we are on!"

We were all really quiet when Noah speaks up.

"Uh El has a solo." He says.

I look at him with wide eyes. "Uh yeah! I can teach it too you, come on." I look at riley.

"No, we don't have time... you have to do it." She says looking really sad.

I look at her with an apologetic look, "Ri, I'm sorry."

"No, no you'll smash it." She smiles.

And then I'm rushed off to go get dressed.

(Costume⤴️)

I get put in a back up costume and I'm standing in the wings ready to go on, when I feel someone walk up, I don't even need to look who it is.

"Noah... I can't do my Ariel, this dance has tons." I continue to look at the stage with worried eyes.

"Hey" he said putting his hand on my shoulder, making me look at him. "You'll kill it, and if you can't do the aerials just replace it with something else."

"Mmmhmm." I reply, before he pulls me into a hug. And then it's my turn.

I walk into the stage, I'm terrified, why did I get pushed into this?? Why didn't Giselle or Tahlia or someone else do it... it's all down to me, whether we get the five point advantage or not.

*song: Ophelia by The Lumineers*

I dance my heart out, I do end up replacing the aerials with walkovers and handsprings, but I need to be able to do an aerial for the final dance - if we make it.

Once I'm done I walk off stage and arms wrap around me, I soon figure out it was Noah and then everyone joined in.

Then it was time to announce the winner... it was Ella.

I looked at the girl who called me the weakest dancer when she first got to TNS, maybe she was right...