04 - Nothing is Permanent

Unedited!! I couldn't wait to get this finished for you guys :)

Thank You all for your patience!

Monday the 20th of January I moved to France to start my Erasmus exchange at the university of Bordeaux and soon my work placement. I appreciate all your kind messages and support xo

New chapters coming more regularly now!!

Genevieve POV

You should never take life for granted. Appreciate everything before it might be taken away from you. That's what my Father used to tell me. We have to seize the day, and go where the wind takes us, experience everything before you can't do anything anymore. If regaining my sight taught me anything, it's to be appreciative and to not take things for granted. Before then I'd never watched the sun set, seen my brothers smile or watched the world around me pass by. I know now not to take it for granted.

Life goes on.

But things seemed to be getting better as I woke up each day in the following week. I saw another ray of light each time I opened my eyes in the morning and it filled me with hope.

And now a week after the fight in the bar, I'm back to my usual self. I rolled out of bed and drew back the curtains to reveal the beautiful rainy skyline of Seattle in the spring. The clouds and melancholy reminded me of home to some extent, a thought which made me sad but I instantly shook off.  I couldn't dwell on those memories because after all they were just thoughts to me now. This was my life, with Axel in America.

Loki was up and by my side as we walked together into the kitchen. Axel stood coffee mug in one hand, newspaper in the other singing to himself.
"Can you put on a shirt around the house please?" I said interrupting his solitude. I watched as his mouth dropped open slightly and he took the sight of me in. I honestly dread to think what I looked like when I was blind, I certainly had no one to apply makeup for me or fix my hair. But that was the beauty of it I just didn't have to care. Not now. I was up early and showing, styling my matted mane of brown hair, putting on a light coverage of concealer and making myself not look like a cast member of the walking dead.

"You... you can see me?" He muttered quietly before running up and pulling me into a crushing embrace, spinning me round. The simple action transported me back to life in Paris, surrounded by my family and my best friends. It's funny how much one mistake can make your life change. Loki barked happily as we both laughed and enjoyed the small moment of happiness, lord knows it never lasts too long.