25 - Blue Lights

Genevieve has finally made it to work, having to jog for the last ten minutes of her route to make it there only 5 minutes late. She walked through the front door as it chimed and rounded the reception counter she was in charge of, hoping to slip in quietly and her tardiness go unnoticed by the artists and more importantly by her brother.

That however was easier said than done when Axel, Marc, Lola and Fitz all leaned round the door to their studios in sync offering knowing grins and questioning eyes.
Genevieve smiled sheepishly before they all got back to their customers and she got on with her day, replying to emails, answering calls, making social media posts, greeting customers and making sure the studio was clean. She really loved working in her brothers shop.

She spent most of the day making appointments and welcoming it the clients who had booked in to endure hours of blissful torture by getting some new art work etched into their skin. Gen was also trying her hand at drawing. Of course she wasn't as good as her insanely talented brother nor his employees but she was trying to learn something new.

At lunch time during their break, Lola stormed into the reception area taking Gen by the hand and dragging her to one of the nearby sofas.
"Tell me! tell me everything there is to know about you and the gorgeous hunk of man muffin!" Lola squealed her eyes hazy with desire as she pretended to drool over Genevieve's man.
"There isn't really much to say Cherie" Gen replied sheepishly... not even knowing what to say to begin with.

"So you're telling me you weren't late this morning because you were too busy riding him to hell and lost track of time? How boring."

Her friends words sent her into a fit of laughter as Gen playfully slapped her and told her to shush, not wanting her older and rather-no- very protective brother listening in.
"If you must know, we haven't done that yet. We're not rushing into it, taking things slow."

"What?!? You haven't jumped on that yet?!? Girl if it were me I wouldn't have even given him a chance to blink before I did" Lola said in disbelief.

"Can I be honest with you?" Genevieve said in a whisper, moving closer on the couch and making sure to be quiet.
"Of course G, you can tell me anything."

"I'm... I'm worried about that- with him. Not because of anything he's done or anything!! Before you think that. It's just. I really care for him Lo and I'm worried. The last boyfriend I had wanted to fix me, change me. I was with him before and after I got my sight back and when I did, he almost resented me for it. We didn't do anything really ... nothing that far and not when I could see... not after the accident and he dumped me not long afterwards...I don't know what it's like. I wouldn't know what to do..." Genevieve admitted, almost ashamed of herself for having to say it. But it was the truth.

"Gen, James loves you. He really does. And you love him. It'll all work out, the best thing to do is to not over think it because then you're just shooting yourself in the foot. Do it at your pace and when you are ready."
She took in Lola's words carefully as everyone headed back to work after their lunch break was over.

Genevieve knew she loved James, after everything they had been through; his bike accident, the bank robbery, the arguments, the fights, the break up and James being drugged. She loved him with everything. And she couldn't wait to show him.

After taking Loki on a quick walk around the block and then making sure he was settled behind the desk, Gen got back to work checking over their computer system. While in the back of her mind she was planning a special night with James tonight, the thought making her giddy.