22 - Play

(A short one but hold onto your hats, there's drama on the horizon)

*song Genevieve sings
Don't watch me cry - Jorja Smith * (you may want to listen to it with this chapter :) )

*song Genevieve singsDon't watch me cry - Jorja Smith * (you may want to listen to it with this chapter :) )

He was sat in the audience, waiting for the show to begin. Palms shaking and knees weak in anticipation of seeing her, hearing her.
He still wasn't himself. He craved the numbness those little white pills could give him but he knew what he had to do to get her back.

He had to get her back.

He didn't feel right being at such an event, the room was filled with tuxedos and ball gowns while he sat in a state of withdrawal. The auditorium and the reception area were decorated like a party at Gatsby's, with giant chandeliers and draped silk.

He felt out of place, like he stuck out like a sore thumb. Lennox had stormed his room that afternoon, handed him a suit and a ticket to the show she was able to get last minute. She convinced him to come, as much as he wanted too, would Genevieve want this?

Did she know he was here? Waiting in anticipation to see her on that stage?

The lights dimmed and the audience were silenced by the opening of the red velvet curtains

The lights dimmed and the audience were silenced by the opening of the red velvet curtains. He couldn't breath. Lennox placed a hand on his to stop it trembling and he took it greedily, enclosing her small hand in his.
"It's going to be fine James. You'll see"

The stage was dark as the first few keys of the grand piano were played delicately. From that moment he was lost.

The audience's applauded died down as she began to sing.

Oh, it hurts the most 'cause I don't know the cause
Maybe I shouldn't have cried when you left and told me not to wait
Oh, it kills the most to say that I still care
Now I'm left tryna rewind the times you held and kissed me back