21 - High

Everyone stood and just watched as James's face turned into one of confusion at her trembling lips.

Everyone was looking at her. Judging her? Pitying her? Worrying about her? She didn't know but she didn't take long for her anger to emerge. Without thinking she bent down, pulled the knife from inside her boot and aimed at his stupid form. Bones appeared before her in an instant, wrestled the knife from her grip and tried to comfort her.
"I'm so sorry Frenchie. He's not himself believe me. He's taken something, the whore is drugging him. I promise you he wouldn't be saying this." He tried to explain, tried to get through to her.

But she couldn't hear him over the sound of her heart shattering.
Why had she given him everything?
Told him everything?
She had never felt the way she did about James with anyone... why did it have to be him to break her.

She knew she was strong she had been through enough shit in her life and had got through it : going blind, her brothers death, the accident, regaining her sight, the hatred of her parent, leaving France... being chased by the police. But this was the final nail in the coffin. Genevieve could feel her world being torn apart and all she could do was watch it slip away.

Everyone was looking at her, waiting for her next move. The healing wound on her neck aches as she tried to swallow the lump in her throat.
Axel walked over to her, took her trembling hand in his and together they walked out the clubhouse without another word.

Everyone stood in silence, watching the door swing closed as their figures disappeared behind it.

Once it was closed everyone turned to look at James, watching his staggers movements and observing his haggard state.
He looked ill. Like he had been ran over and dragged through a hedge backwards.

He looked exactly like he did when he returned home from hospital last year, right after the attack which caused him to loose a leg.

Everyone in that room knew he wasn't okay, that he wasn't in the right state of mind.
Erik approached him, standing face to face with the grown man he raised from a small boy. A boy who had no sense of the world around him and who couldn't even say a word to him in English.

Erik places his hands on James's shoulders looking him straight in the eye.
"Son, you're not yourself. Talk to me. Tell me what's wrong and I can help. What's going on with you? You love Genevieve" His voice was calm and laced with his genuine fear over the boys health. He hadn't seen him act like this in a very long time, hadn't seen him taking pills again in a very long time.

"She deserves better" James replied as he began to sob bringing his shaking hands up to his tearful eyes. He broke down in front of everyone a sight they couldn't bare to see again.

"Come on, let's go get you fixed up." Erik said holding him steady and leading him back to his room. "You get out of my sight" he directed to the jockey.

Erik managed to get the giant to sit on the edge of his bed and began to untie the lads shoes by which point Chaos and Lennox had made their way to his room too.
James still sat with tears running down his sunken cheeks. Anyone could see how bad he was looking... he looked frail nothing like the 6'7ft brute he used to be.

"I'm sorry" he kept muttering to himself.
Lennox sat beside him and ran a hand over the back of his head which slumped onto her shoulder as he continued to cry.

Their eyes stilled on the pile of crushed up pills which sat on his bedside table, the blade he had used in the process and the empty bottle of pain medication. Chaos and Erik's eyes met, silently communicating what they both knew to be true- he needed their help.

"What have I done?!" James whispered to himself.

"We need to get you sober Jamie, can you tell me what you took? How much you took?" Lennox asked delicately, not wanting to upset him further.

"I don't know. She just kept giving me more. She wouldn't stop. I tried to get her off me but she wouldn't leave. She wouldn't stop."

"Did she give you the pills? Your name isn't on the bottle." Chaos asked as he studied the yellow tubes white label.

K. Longobardi - three times daily.

"I don't know where she got them or who from. But she said she could help me. I needed it at first. But she wouldn't stop." He kept repeating himself, unsure of the answers still miles away from the scene before him. His mind was spinning, unable to focus on what was happening around him, James could only remember the sight of her crawling into his lap putting a line onto her chest and making him snort it. He didn't want any of it. Just one little pill to help him sleep, to help him forget the phantom pain which ran from his spine down to where his ankle would have been. He just wanted to sleep, escape from his angst and forget the saddened face of his Genevieve.

Genevieve.

"I have to find her, I have to make it right! I'm in love with her. I love her so much Len. I have to save us." He tried to stand but tumbled straight back down, unable to keep his footing and balance on his prosthetic.

"James you need to sleep this off. Trust me, I know exactly what you're feeling like right now. Alejandro would do the same to me. You just need to rest until it's out of your system."

Soon enough his eyes began to droop, unable to keep them peeled open anymore. His pupils ached, his lungs couldn't pull in a full breath and his thighs couldn't stop shaking.

He let Lennox help him undress, taking off his tight jeans, leather jacket, socks and shoes and finally his leg.

"Okej. Okej. Jag älskar henne. Jag älskar henne med allting."
"Okay. Okay. I love her. I love her with my everything" He mumbled as sleep took over his body.

"This is worse than I thought" she said to her husband and her father in law quietly.
"How are we going to explain this to the club? To Axel? To Gen??"