17 - Suspicious Minds

We just hit 40k reads on this story 😭 thank you all so so much !!
I've had a bit of writers block with this story but I'm back and there will hopefully be more frequent updates of my two current stories- Thor and Love Me Better. It would mean the world to me if you could check out all my works and give them a read :) xo

 It would mean the world to me if you could check out all my works and give them a read :) xo

"My brother. My twin brother, Phoenix"

James for a moment, stayed unmoving, unthinking. He couldn't comprehend what she had said.
"It's all my fault James. The reason I had to leave and the reason my mother and father hate me. Well they have always hated me. They only wanted Phoenix, they were stuck with me and then I lost my sight. Funny isn't it. The child they hated needed them the most but they just didn't care. And then I killed their son."

"It was an accident Genevieve. It wasn't anyone's fault, it certainly wasn't yours." He took her into his arms and held her tight. "You cannot be blamed for this".
"Tell that to my mother and father." She said emotionlessly.

A week had passed since the bank shooting and Genevieve was still as emotionally numb as before. It took a while for her to come to terms with the fact she had told James everything. All her dark little secrets were out. What would he think of her now? The night she told him she stayed with him at the clubhouse but she was gone by morning. Now she was avoiding everyone and everything. Back into her shell and all alone.

Axel had tried his best to soothe her worried mind but nothing seemed to help. Only making his worries grow more. He watched her everyday sink further and further back into her old self. The emotionless, unbothered and weaker form of his one bright little sister. He was proud of her for speaking out about their Brother. James was the first one and he was glad about it, knowing he would never judge her for what had happened.

Everyone but their own Parent knew that it was just a horrible accident that had taken Phoenix too soon, he passed away protecting his sister. And for that Axel had been somewhat happy that at least his death wasn't in vain. When Gen had told him about how Phoenix had swerved the car making sure his side got the most of the damage he knew. She may have glazed over that detail, but he knew their brother had done everything to protect Genevieve. Even in his death, Phoenix's love for his sister shone.

Axel wished he could have changed that night. Maybe if he had of gone to collect Gen things would have been different. The troublesome siblings could still be together. But he knew he shouldn't be thinking like that. His brother died but saved their sister, and her sight. And for that he was thankful to Phoenix.

It was no surprise that General was a miserable child. She was born with a Retinal Condition which meant overtime her eyesight grew worse and worse as the most important part of her eye slowly detached. But the accident... it had healed her. Somehow her doctors were able to fix her eyes and for the first time in forever she could see again.
But she had never gotten the sight of their dying brother, the first thing she had seen after so many years, out of her mind.