12 - Trouble Ahead

He left the siblings apartment after leaving a note for Genevieve and a kiss on her head

He left the siblings apartment after leaving a note for Genevieve and a kiss on her head. After securing his leg he jumped onto his bike, careful to not rev his engine and wake his sleeping beauty. Speeding down the empty streets he appreciated the calm before the storm, looking out to the rising sun and taking a deep breath. He allowed his mind to wander back to his night with Gen, she was turning him soft already but he couldn't wait to see her again. It baffled him how intense their feeling for each other were so early. But he wasn't complaining.
Soon enough the gates of the clubhouse came into view with the prospects immediately running to pull it open and let him pass through. Parking up on the lot he carefully dismounted and headed towards the clubhouse. After greeting his brothers,
the old ladies and a very pregnant Lennox, church was called and all the patches took their seat around the horsemens table.

"Sorry to have to call you all in so last minute, but we encountered some... problems on last nights run" Chaos began, as the lit cigarettes and James lit his Cigar.
"It seems there's a new Gang in town and they are adamant in ending the IHMC. Grimm and Hammer were able to ... eradicate the problem for now. All we know is they want to bring us down and take our claim." The men around the room listened intently to their president and began to formulate their own plans in their head.
"I need volunteers to gain intel, collect some specimens and help the club. Sike, Ink and the prospects, you guys are on tech. Try and find out as much as you can" the boys nodded.
"Hammer, Madd, Thor, Grimm you're all coming with me to scour the area... speak to some locals and see if anyone knows anything about this threat. The rest of you prepare. I want everyone working. Who knows what could happen"

With that the boys were up and out of church, scrambling to their stations to get busy. After the last attack on the club, almost this time last year, we take threats very seriously.
"Thor, you good for this? Can you manage with it?" Chaos asked, pulling him aside from the other patches.
"Of course I can. Don't worry about me okay?I'm doing a lot better."
"If you got a problem, you come straight to me"
The President and his most trusted men rode out of the lot, each with their own recon mission. Thor and Grimm were tasked with going to the gangs suspected hang outs and spying for information of any possible attacks.

Arriving at a bar just outside of the city lines the boys had already removed their cuts and hidden their guns. After dismounting Grimm sent a text to their president to share their location if anything went south. The boys entered calmly, not raising any suspicion as they took a seat at the bar and ordered a beer each. Silently they took in their surroundings. The crowded room was initially hard to cover as men in leather gathered round pool tables and dart boards sharing a drink or two.

For a while not much happened as Thor kept a steady eye on their surroundings... everything seemed quite, almost too quiet. Without raising suspicion Grimm set about asking the bar man some questions on the new boys in town.

"So who's in charge?" He asked in a hushed tone.
"No body has seen him, only his boys and his kids, twins. Whole family operation. No one knows who he is but them, they're you're only source of information. But you didn't hear it from me k?"

Things were quite for a while, the brothers kept to themselves and continued to drink. That was until they heard approaching Motorcycle... and things got interesting.
On edge James and Grimm sat anticipating their new arrivals. The door of the bar swung open and in walked a group of men in leather. No patches, no emblems but they were definitely the new suspected gang members. Carbon copies of one another. James's eyes roamed careful among the group's shadowed expressions until he reached the end of the line and noticed the smaller female in between the groups of brutes.
"You been asking questions boy?" The supposed leader aimed towards Grimm.
"We don't like folk poking around in our business. Especially people who aren't in the family." James took notice of his vague Italian accent as his eyes widened slightly... these people were mafia not just some street gang.
"Now, why don't you introduce yourselves... to the family" the man said as each member pulled out their own hand gun and aimed it to the only men in the bar stools.

The rest of the bar grew silent as the rest of its customers listened into their exchange.
"Taking off that leather didn't do shit boys. We know a horseman when we see one."

Grimm and Thor stood up slowly, both reaching for their two guns simultaneous and aimed to the group.
"You can tell your little president that we are here for his throne and Silas gets what he wants"

In an old school Mexican stand of they stood, threats and promises exchanged the young blonde lead man lunged towards Thor, wanting to land a heavy blow which he blocked easily. Sure Chaos was their mad man, but Thor was their muscle. Pulling the Italian into a head lock, Thor easily overpowered him.
"Don't threaten a Horseman son." He said threateningly before pushing him down to the floor.

Grimm and the Viking took a step back before barging past the group of what looked like teens and getting back onto their bikes. Expecting it, they sped out of the lot before their gun fire could reach them. Adrenaline coursing through their veins as the bullets nicked the metal of their Harleys as they laughed all the way back to Seattle.

Cruising back down the Main Street laughing loudly over the roar of their engines the pair pulled up at the traffic lights.
"You think the others have found out anything more?" Grimm asked, pulling down his black bandana.
"Hard to say. They seem to like the secrecy. But that won't last long" James said with a small smile. From the corner of his eyes he saw a familiar figure walking down the street. Her brown hair caught the sun as she took long strides, adjusting the round sunglasses placed on the bridge of her nose.

He sat staring for a little while longer, before whistling loudly in her direction. Genevieve was ready to shout to the horny men driving by before she spotted the strapping man on top of his bike. With his long light brown hair pulled back into a low bun and a bandana around his neck, she watched him remove his sunglasses to get a batter look at her.

"Hey there Frenchie" Grimm hollered, relieving a hard slap on the chest from Thor.
"Get back to the club I'll see you there" he said before pulling up against the curb to meet his woman.
Walking up to him she was surprised when he pulled her to sit across his lap, placing a bruising kiss on her lips. She responded immediately, sinking into his embrace further.

"I can't stay for long I've got church soon. But let me take you out tonight. Be ready by 7 I'll come and pick you up okay?" He told her, afraid she would reject him.
"Can't wait" she said with a grin before kissing him again and jumping off his bike.

"You gonna look pretty for me Sweets?" Immediately she rolled her eyes at his antics before he winked at her and pulled away. She couldn't stop the smile which reached her face before she headed back home, shopping bags in hand, excited to be spending more time with James.

First of all I just want to say sorry for my lack of updates over the past month. Things have been quite hectic in my life because of Coronavirus, having to move from France back to England to be with my family - so I hope you are all staying safe!

Secondly I want to say thank you to everyone who comments and votes on my works. I read every single one and they truly make my day so keep them coming!

More regular updates coming very soon.

Tell me what your thinking of this story so far!

Love to you all xo