11 - Does it hurt?

I hope everyone is staying safe.
New chapters coming soon.

He watched her intently from her piano bench

He watched her intently from her piano bench. She felt his eyes trained on her body as she swayed mindlessly, trying not to fumble under the pressure of James Thornton's intense gaze.
"Do you know how to play?" She whispered to him, hands pausing over the keys. Watching as he shook his head before beckoning him over.

She moved along the small wooden bench, trying to make room for his large frame. James looked at the tiny seat and took matters into his own hands, lifting her up with hands right round her waist and placing her firmly on his lap. She took in a sharp breath as she settles down. He promoted her to continue playing with a stern look, before placing a soft kiss to her temple. She tried to teach him the basics, but his hands were too big to manoeuvre effortlessly over the white and black keys. The pair laughed together as his arms tightened around her, loving the feel of her against him. Her hands found his and held them gently while he played random notes.
"I love this" she whispered to him, turning her head into the crook of his neck.
"Me too skön"

Before long Genevieve began to feel the effects of her sleep deprivation, her eyes closing on their own accord as she sunk into his chest.
"Let's get you to bed Gen, you're exhausted."
Momentarily he struggled on his prosthetic as he took her into his arms, before regaining his strength.
"I'm hurting you James" she said, noticing his pained expression "put me down"

He didn't want to look weak in front of her, he had come this far done that much physio therapy to not be able to care for his kvinna.
He walked across her room and placed her down on her plush mattress.
"I'm fine Genevieve, don't worry"
He carefully tucked her in and made sure she was comfortable before kissing her softly on the lips and heading towards her door.
"Stay with me James?" Her tired voice reached his ears. He knew he shouldn't, all the reasons why were swarming his head... but nothing was able to convince him otherwise.
"Okay skön" James made his way back over to her, where she sat up expectantly and pulled back her duvet. He sighed, mind filled with apprehension. He would have to take off his leg to go to sleep. Was she ready to see that?
Genevieve sensed his discomfort as he sat on the edge of her bed and removed his shoes. Sure she knew about his missing leg, she had seen his prosthetic before... but what about if that wasn't there.
"To go to sleep... I have to take it off" James whispered quietly as he carefully pointed towards the prosthetic under the denim of his black jeans.
"I don't mind" she said with a kind smile.
"It isn't a nice sight Gen" he began to second guess his decision to stay with her... maybe it wasn't too late to leave.
"I want you to stay James... you can be comfortable with me. I'd never judge you... you're no different to me"

She got up and out of bed, standing before him with her hands around his neck. Feeling a wave of confidence she placed a sweet yet rough kiss onto his lips, James responded immediately. Genevieve wished she could convince him that his disability meant nothing to her... but she wondered if he would be okay with hers. Sure her visual impairments weren't visible to him, like his leg... but it was still there. She had to live with the fear of loosing her sight at any moment. She didn't want to live regretting not memorising everything about the man in front of her. All of him.
Maybe one day she would tell him that.