08 - Motorcycles ans Violins

Unedited :)

Unedited :)

They kissed... and in that moment James's world grew brighter. His pain fled and his mind relaxed for the first time in forever. He didn't have to think of the club, his family or his pain for that moment his lips crashed into hers. And that is why he couldn't be around her any more. She made him forget the bad and want to risk it all. He couldn't touch her like that again.

It had been two weeks since James and Genevieve had kissed and already things were changing. James has returned to club duties and re opened the repair shop, he had even started work on his own bike so he could hopefully ride it soon and restore some normality. He sat in the office of his repair shop and looked out to the men working on orders. He had missed the atmosphere of the garage, how busy it could get. It kept his mind busy so he couldn't be thinking of her.

He got up from his desk chair and headed towards his station. Inside sat his beautiful Harley which he had Bones pull out of their storage unit earlier that morning. He stared at the shiny black and dark green accents and sighed. After doing an initial look over he got to work fixing where was damaged or needed replacing after almost two years in storage.

"Good to see you back where you belong Thor" Erik said from his position leaning against the garage door. His wife smile was reflected in James expression as he got up to hug Erik.
"I'm glad to be back. I really needed it" he said filled with a false confidence as his mind thought back to her lips, her touch and her beauty.
"Back to your old self ey? Nice to see your face around here again son. Anyways what's this I'm hearing about you and Genevieve... after the party" he had a shit eating grin on his dace as he nudged me with his shoulders. "Finn told me you'd topped by." He winked, far too excited about the situation which would never happen again. "I won't ask anything, but I'm happy for you son. She's good for you"

His words stuck in my head throughout the rest of the day, would she be good for him? Was he missing something?
He got back to work on his Harley and by the end of the day he was confident she was in top condition.
"Fancy a ride?" Chaos said from the doorway, his brothers behind him all looking excited.
James gulped visibly, his brothers saw his reluctance. "When had James Thornton ever been scared of falling of a Harley?"

They all laughed together and soon James rolled his bike out the shop and mounted her with the boys. He felt the adrenaline spread through his system as a huge smile graced his face. The first since being with her.
He started the engine and with a smile on his face he rolled out with his brothers.

With his leather on his back and the hum of the engine beneath him, he hadn't felt more alive in years. Sure he was unsteady and had to get used to finding his balance... but he still loved it. The boys were tearing down the streets of downtown Seattle with men looking on in envy and women looking in in lust.

Thor was back and better than ever.

Genevieve stood nervously outside of the auditorium

Genevieve stood nervously outside of the auditorium. Her heart and mind was racing with doubt. Should she even be here?
Her first day at the University of Seattle to study Musical Composition should have been exciting. But as she looked around the hallway filled with freshmen she couldn't help but feel out of place... she had never felt so old.
Stood with violin case and backpack in hand she waited patiently for the professor to arrive.
Soon enough they entered the hall and Genevieve took a seat towards the back of the class, opting to blend into the background rather than sticking out. In the seat next to her an older boy and girl sat down, smiling at her.
"Hey I'm Kit and this is my twin sister Hannah" the red head boy said.
"Twins?" Genevieve asked curiously, immediately intrigued by the pair who even looked a similar age to her. Maybe this wouldn't be for bad after all. She quickly introduced herself with a smile and then began to listen to her teacher. Her first class of the day was easy consisting of introductions and talking about the instruments you could play. The professor then outlined the structure of the class and gave his first assignment. Since the class was based on creating a film score he assigned a genre to each person, paired us with a list of film and media students and gave us creative reign to create a piece for their project.

Genevieve already knew that class would be her favourite since she wanted to write music for films, that and she had already made sort of friends. The rest of the day was similar to her first class she had lessons on song writing, composing, music for tv and of course music for film. She knew she would love this course and hoped she could enjoy it as well as gain something from it.

She walked home after her final class and decided to head down the main streets doing a bit of window shopping.
Her ears perked up when she heard the roar of motorcycles approach down the street. It sounded like the heavens had opened and sent thunder rumbling down to earth as they got closer and closer.
Stopping at a red light she say the Iron Horsemen in full formation. Chaos and his second and third all the way to the prospects who rode at the back. But her eyes didn't miss the Viking in the middle, the man who she had shares so much with, lay in his arms and been so close to telling him everything. But he hadn't spoken to her since and he wouldn't return her calls. Sure she was happy for him being back with the club, and riding again. Her eyes traveled down to his ripped jeans which showed the sparkle of the metal underneath. She was so proud of him.

But he didn't want her.
Their eyes met, his blues behind his blacked out sunglasses and her sad hazels. James almost fell off his bike in that moment, captivated by her sad eyes. He looked her up and down admiring her denim skirt and black blazer as she stood on the street with a violin case and backpack. He wanted her to play for him, sing for him. Feel something for him. But he couldn't allow it. The lights turned green and the club sped off out into the sun set. While Gen stood there alone. Somethings just don't change she thought.

Another thirty minutes and she made it home, Loki pounced on her as she stepped in the door and after a quick hello she headed for her room. Stopping dead in her tracks upon seeing her big brother sat on the couch, arms on his knees and head in his hands.
"Genevieve! I've been waiting for you! Where have you been? I'm sorry okay, I'm so sorry. You're my sister and I love you more than anything. You're all I have left Gennie. I'm sorry for what I did. Please just talk to me" he blurted out, not even taking a breath. She couldn't even bare to look at him, so instead of responding she walked to her room, closed the door softly and did what she did best. She sat at her piano and let out her feeling, her anger and sadness for James and the disappointment she felt towards her brother.

She had never been good with talking about her feelings, no one asks the blind girl her opinions. So she played. For hours on end their small apartment was filled with heavy melancholic tunes and sad piano. Her tears fell onto the white of the keys but she kept going. Using the music to cover up the sounds of her crying.
The sun set and the moon took its place. The white light shone through the gaps in her curtains as she lay in bed, trying not to think of the ache in her heart. Her phone rang from the inside of her bag shocking her with the shrill noise. She put down her song book and headed to where she threw her bag.
The unknown number made her anxious but she accepted the call.
"Hello?" She answered a only to hear a static noise and heavy breathing.

"Âllo? Est-ce Geneviève Elysées?"

"Ouais... qui appellee?"

"Don't you recognise your own grandfathers voice anymore mon chouchou?"

"Pépé?" Tears sprung to her eyes immediately as she allowed that voice to sooth her worried soul. "Ouai, c'est moi rossigol. Je devais diriger cette douce voix"

Don't forget to vote and comment :)
Stay tuned xo