09 - Rossigol

Unedited :)

Genevieve hadn't heard that voice in so long, a voice from her childhood which brought only happy memories was rare, but her grandfather was the biggest light of her life. No boy could ever dull that.
She cried freely at his words, and his nickname for her mind set back to days spent walking the streets of Paris hand in hand, visiting patisseries and drinking red wine together. Arnox Elysees was her favourite person in the whole world, even though she wasn't allowed to see him anymore. They hadn't spoke since he left her in the airport with tears in his eyes.

"Grandpa... I've missed you so much. I can't bare not seeing you everyday" she choked out through the tears. "It's been so difficult without you"
After everything that happened on that day, her grandfather was the only family member to not blame her, to soothe her broken heart and clam her down. Unlike her mother and father, Arnox wasn't ashamed of her, didn't hurt her or kick her out of their home. She's always known that her parents didn't really want her, because she was a girl, but their actions on that day was confirmation enough.
"I know rossigol. I miss you with all the world"

"When can I see you? When can I come home?" She asked with false hope, already knowing that the answer wouldn't be what she wanted. Yes she had a comfortable life in Seattle with her oldest brother but not a minute went past that she didn't think about returning to Paris and living with her grandparents. She wanted to walk down a street speaking to the people she passed in her mother tongue, she wanted to visit small bakery's and coffee shops which had a view of the Tour Eiffel or La Cathedral de Notre Dame, but most importantly she wanted to sit around her piano and sing with her grandpa.
"You know it's too dangerous Rossi, they are still out to punish you. Stay with Axel where you are safe. I'll try to visit with babushka"

The phone call did nothing to make her happy as she lay in bed once again and cried for the life she had. Yes she had a comfortable life away from the people who wanted her dead, where she didn't have to hide from the world and where she could be happy with her oldest brother.
But nothing could soothe the ache in her heart as she felt it break in two.

Her afternoon was spent in the same position, but her tears had all dried up. She still hadn't spoken to Axel, she hadn't left the house and she hadn't seen anyone in also it a week.
Her favourite moments were spent either in class or in front of her piano.

She sat on the plush bench and thought of a melody in her head and the perfect lyrics to describe her heartbreak. In the back of her mind was her upcoming assignments which she had to focus on. After being given her partner, Michael Clarke a senior year media and film student working in his final piece, she had contacted him to find out more about his screenplay. An action romance which touched on themes of death and betrayal. Sounded a lot like her life.

Her hands danced softly across the keys, playing deep chords and softer notes to compliment each other as she scribbled down some lyrics which flowed out of her head.

I should have known
I'd leave alone
Just goes to show
That the blood you bleed is justtheblood you owe

She sang quietly stumbling over words and chords until they sounded perfect, noting them down to send to Michael later.

I have fallen for a lie
But you'll never see me cry
Fool me once, fool me twic-

A soft knock brought her out of her lyrical trance making her eyes drift to the white wood of the door separating her from the world.
"Gen? Gen come on please open the door. You haven't left in days"

"I don't have anything to say Axel."

"Please Gen, I'm so sorry. Let me make it up to you. Let me make you better"
She knew deep down that there was nothing on earth that could make her feel better in that moment. The only thing that could was the thing she took away from the world. The person that she would never see again.