23 - Confessions

TW- drug use and sexual assault.
If these topics make you uncomfortable approach this chapter with caution or skip 💖

Unedited

The audience stood in roaring applause as Genevieve and her fellow students stood before than and took a final bow.
It was all over she thought to herself with a wide smile. The band continued to play as they all held hands and took in the moment before them. She had completed her first term and hopefully she had passed with flying colours.

Both performances went great, ten minutes before hand she was tasked with opening the show - Kit and Hannah didn't show up. But as soon as she sat behind that piano her nerves melted away and her song took over. It was a good way to forget the ache in her chest, and the strain of her eyes.

Her second song was loved just as much by her project partner, professor and the spectators and she was at an all time high. With the term complete she could have enjoy winter break, spend time with Axel again and just try to go back to normalcy... or at least what she considered normal in her new American life.

She had wished so hard that her Grandpa could have been there to watch her. Papi Arnoux was the reason she started to play piano, he was her muse, and she hadn't seen him in so long. She no longer missed the craziness of her life in Paris, their apartment overlooking La Tour Eiffel or the life which she previously had, with Phoenix- no, what she missed most was her Grandfathers smile.

They all headed back stage to celebrate together and collect their belongings. But Gens only friends weren't here. She'd left them messages and text but nothing.
Instead of sticking around to awkwardly stand on her own, she collected her belongings spoke to her professor who gave her nothing but praise and soon she was headed out into the lobby of the auditorium.

Axel immediately pounded on her spinning her round in a crushing embrace.
"Oh my god! That was amazing! You were amazing! Je suis si fier de toi!"
(I'm so proud of you)

The rest of her family who had came to see her hugged and praised her too. Lennox especially.
"I can't believe you Genevieve THE TALENT!" She had exclaimed making her laugh.

But then her eyes caught onto the giant who stood behind them. She was speechless.

"You saw?" She said to him. "You came to see me?" He nodded in response, tying to hide his shaking hands.
"Why?" She didn't mean for the sourness of her tone but it was there.

"You think I would miss this?" He stated, matching her aggression.

"Why don't we let these two talk." Lennox said as she slowly backed away from the scene before her, grabbing her husbands hand and leading the group away.

"Why did you come Thor?" Genevieve asked again, unable to look him in the eye, knowing she would be sucked right back into his arms if she saw the pain laced in his bright blue eyes.

"Because I'm in love with you. I always have been, and I always will be." He stated plainly, to wavering of his tone, unblinking, unmoving.
Her stomach formed into knots as she took in what he said.

"But- but what about. What about.. what?!" She stumbled to comprehend what he had said. "But you told me you couldn't see me anymore. You said you were leaving. You broke me. You're with someone else for god sake Thor!"

"Stop calling me that! You don't call me that." He snapped.

"I know what I said Gen. I know how much I hurt you and I know it's no excuse but it wasn't me saying these things. Molly she- she"

"I don't want to hear about her. I don't want to hear it James." She rasped, fighting back the tears as she thought about what they had done.

"You have to know. It's going to kill me to have to tell you this, I've never been more ashamed in my life but you have to know. Let's go somewhere to talk it over okay. I don't want to do this here." He begged her.