I ain't got rhythm!

(Y/n)'s p.o.v

I chuckle at the ending of the song and ask "may we take that as a yes??" Bobbi smiled as he nodded "stay fabulous Bobbi, here's the address." He holds his hand out for the little piece of paper that has their address on it and nods "got it." With that we started to walk to wherever the last person is "who are we getting now??" I ask. Phineas looks at me and says "the drummer of the band, Sherman, he's a librarian, so he won't be hard to find." I nod my head, but Phineas starts to call someone as we reach a library "hello, Isabella. Guess what band is getting back together?" Is what Phineas starts off with "uh.. yeah. How'd you know??"

Giggling I playfully roll my eyes "it was probably on the five o'clock news" Phineas smiles as he looks at me "yeah, can you help us out?" Phineas asks her. As we're walking in now, somehow both Phineas and I say "who would've thought that drummer for a rock and roll band would end up in a place so quiet." Phineas puts his hands out in front of both Ferb and I to say "say... could it be?" He held up the poster. I look at it, then back up to the librarian and say "he looks like the drummer we're lookin for." We walk up to him and Phineas asks "excuse me, would your name be Swampy? Ex drummer of Love Händel." That got me confused "I thought his name was Sherman-" "listen to the girl boys, that my friends was a past life, name's Sherman. Why askin?"

"Because they're reforming for one night only! It's a celebration for their parents anniversary" I explain while pointing at Phineas and Ferb. While saying that I also put my arm around Phineas' shoulders, but it doesn't matter that much right now. "Well, that sounds charming kids, but I-I haven't played drums since the accident, fell asleep in a metronome factory. When I woke I completely lost my sense of rhythm, I've been hanging out here ever since." Hearing that Phineas looked speechless, and was about to give up, so I put my hand on his shoulder. Phineas looks at me shocked, so I wink at him and look back up at Sherman while raising an eyebrow.

"So you're sayin that you don't have rhythm, but listen to what you're doing right there!
With that stamp and a book, you got a real nice hook! Sounds like you have rhythm to spare!"

Phineas smiles, knowing to where I'm going with this, but Sherman looked in denial as he "somehow" kept up with his own rhythm.

"I have no idea what you're talkin about, I've got as much rhythm as that chair!
What happened to me was a tragedy, but I don't have to be a millionaire.
"

Ferb pulls out a tambourine as he kept up with Sherman, but he continued, probably not even noticing how good the beat is sounding right now.

"Look I got a sweet deal goin on here, I got all the books that I can read!
All these sweet old ladies and this carpet from the 80's what more can a librarian need?~
"

That's when he got shushed by one of the old ladies, so he looks back at us continuing with his song, somehow not noticing he has rhythm.

"Besides I ain't got rhythm-" at this I started to snap my fingers to his singing and beat.
"No I ain't got rhythm-" Ferb picked up the pencil cup and shook it, then I snapped my fingers again.
"Said I ain't got rhythm.... I ain't got rhythm!" At this point people are starting to pick up what he's putting down.... he has too much denial about this.

"You're kidding me, right? You're-You're kidding me! Don't you see what you were doin right then?!"

"That's a wicked groove you were startin to move
Mister you got rhythm times ten!"

He looks down at me and Phineas kinda annoyed as he kept on singing-

"I think that perhaps that you're not listening-"
"I guess you're findin it tedious to repeat?" I questioned him, he nodded as he sang-
"It's no big crime
I just can't keep time
I'm tellin you I lost the beat!"

I playfully roll my eyes as I watch the scene unfold before me, him singing while keeping in beat as Ferb got a trumpet somehow and played that too.

"I don't need my face on t-shirts
Or hit a power cord guitar!~
They were screamin my name
I guess its a shame
But I don't need to be a Rockstar!"

I think he's starting to get it, he's smiling as he uses some objects as drum sticks, so Phineas and Ferb grab a book and start using it like a tambourine too.

"Besides I ain't got rhythm
No, I ain't got rhythm
Said I ain't got rhythm
I ain't got rhythm!
"

Somehow Ferb has a guitar now?? Dang I really need to question these guys on how they got this stuff here so quickly... but we're getting to Swampy. He keeps on singing the chorus as Phineas and I add-

"Sounds like rhythm to me!"

"Seems like they all agree!"

Phineas and I dancing next to eachother as Ferb got the man some proper drums-

"But you're layin down some funky syncopation!"

Swampy's still singing the chorus as Phineas and I are still about to do backup-

"But you got that beat!
Look at them, they're stompin their feet!"

Ferb started to play the trumpet again as Phineas and I sang-

"It's time for you to rock a brand new generation!"

Swampy liked that part so he sang it too-

"Gonna rock a brand new generation" as he played himself off he sang-
"Because I ain't got rhythm!"

That was fun!!! The same lady that shushed him earlier sighs and says "would you just go and join the band??" We all exchange a look as we push him out. Everyone else singing "I've got rhythm" as we're pushing him out the doors to get him ready. Swampy sounds so happy as he plays himself out of the library "hey I got rhythm!" He said and hit the drums one last time.

-When you get back to their home-

"Hey Lawrence, we're back!" I say while having my arms wide open, there's an elderly lady in here with him, but what's weird is she starts singing. "Would you please, please stop?!?" Lawrence asks upset "nobody ever lets me finish my number. That's it, call me when my rides here!~" She says as she walks into the house "there's lasagna in the fridge!" Phineas says to her. "Thank you!~" She answers back to us gratefully, so we look back at Lawrence who looks defeated. "Kids, it's really hopeless..." Lawrence says while looking down at the floor, I put my hand on his shoulder with a smile.

"Fear not daddio, we got you covered!" Phineas says happily, so I say "hit it Ferb!" He pushes the garage door to open it, so we all look at the band there themselves. Lawrence looks so happy at the sight of them as he says "Love Händel?! Come in! Come in." The Fireside girls, Baljeet and Buford are still setting up out there, but now these guys are waiting in here with us.....

Tbc

That's it for now my precious Phineas lovin readers, now just remember to keep swimming through pages!

-Narphin