Ch. 5: Monster's Ball

Damon was explaining his plan to Jeremy and me.

Jeremy sat on a couch.

I sat sitting on the couch, feet propped up.

Damon was standing. "So, as we know, in a psychotic lapse of judgment, Bonnie brought you back to life and died in the process." He looked to the spot next to me. "May she rest in peace."

Jeremy pointed to the chair next to him. "She's actually right over there."

Damon shook his head. "Whatever. Look. The whole point is, I just happen to know a supernatural being who just happens to want to die, and in the spirit of nature needing balance and life for a life and all that stuff, I just think it would be a huge waste of a perfectly good death."

"What are you talking about?" Jeremy asked.

"Something Elena doesn't need to know about until it works," Damon told us.

I leaned forward. "Wait. You want to work with Silas?"

*****

"From the beginning, Silas' whole bad-guy plan was to kill himself, pass on to wherever he was gonna pass on to, and reunite with his dead girlfriend, Amara," Damon told us. "I want to use his death to bring Bonnie back to life."

*****

"To die, he has to be mortal," Damon told us. "If he's mortal, then he's a witch, and if he dies as a witch then he's stuck on the Other Side forever."

"He already tried to bring down the Veil to the Other Side," Jeremy told him. "He failed."

I noticed that Jeremy was paying attention to Bonnie. "She knows we can't hear her, right?"

"She thinks Silas wants to destroy the Other Side completely," Jeremy told us.

Powerful spells were bound by something even more powerful. The moon, a comet, a Doppelgänger. The Other Side was made 2,000 years ago, and it still existed. That meant she must have bound it to something that could exist just as long.

A mystical anchor. That was what bound her spell to the Other Side.

*****

"Back to my original question," Damon told us. "Let's say Silas destroys the Other Side, cures himself, becomes a witch. Is it supernaturally possible that he can do a spell that swaps her life for his life once he--pfft--kills himself?"

"What'd she say?" I asked."Tell us."

"She's in!" Jeremy told us.

 Looked like we could still get Bonnie back after all.

*****

Silas laid desiccated on the couch.

I was pouring some drinks for us. "So, Professor Blondie knows about vampires?"

"He said that if I don't drop out of school, the wrong people are gonna start asking the right questions," Elena told us.

"Ugh, that's not good," I told her, giving Damon a drink. "What are you gonna do?"

I gave Elena a drink.

Elena took it. "I don't know, but all I do know is that finding out the truth about Megan isn't gonna bring Bonnie back."

"Yeah," I agreed. "Well, neither is a desiccated Silas in our living room. So, the only way for Silas to trade in his life for Bonnie's is if he's a witch, but the only way to become a witch is to have the Cure."

"Yep," Damon answered.

Someone knocked at the door.

I looked from the door to Damon. "What?"

"Now, who could that be?" Damon asked, smiling, putting his drink down, walking toward the door, opening it.

Katherine was outside. "What's so urgent? I'm on the run." She walked inside. "Don't exactly have time for a pit stop." She saw Silas on the couch. "Or maybe I do. Maybe I have all the time in the world. Katherine Pierce eludes death yet again." She laughed. "And you three finally did something right for once. How does it feel?"

"Thrilling," Damon told her, giving her a look.

Katherine shook her head. "Damon, no."

Damon rushed toward Kathering, grabbing her shoulders. "He needs the Cure to become a witch."

Damon bit her neck.

Katherine screamed. "No!" Damon let her go. "No. No. No, Damon. No, no, please! He need all of my blood. It'll kill me, Damon. Damon, please, I don't want to die. I don't want to die, Damon. I don't want to die. Please."

"Good bye, Katherine," Damon told her, grabbing Katherine by the hair and pushing her severed neck into Silas mouth.

Katherine struggled, growing weak as Silas fed from her.

Damon let Katherine fall to the floor, dead.

Silas wasn't desiccated anymore.

We heard a heart beat, coming from Katherine.

Elena looked at Damon and me. "Do you hear that?"

"You've got to be kidding me," Damon told us

"Takes a licking, keeps on ticking," I said.

Katherine openes her eyes, starting to breath. She looked at us. "Am I in hell?"

Chaos (Satisfy Series Book Five, The Vampire Diaries)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara