Ch. 22: Home

Caroline had called us to tell us that Julian had killed Stean, and to meet us at the dorms in Whitmore.

Caroline was crying over Stefan's dead, desiccated body, which was lying on the couch when we walked in.

I looked at Stefan, feeling like I was going to get sick, unable to say anything. 

Stefan . . . 

"Oh, my God," Elena said, sitting on the coffee table in front of his body. "Stefan!" 

Caroline was sobbing. "I didn't know where to bring him, and I just couldn't leave him outside." Damon looked at Stefan's body, just as disconcerted as I was. "Bonnie has a plan, right? She--she said that she could bring people back." None of us answered. "Tell me that she can bring him back!" 

"We'll bring him back," I told them.

"Come on," Damon told us. "Let's get away from prying eyes." 

Damon, Elena, Caroline and I started to pull Stefan's body away.

*****

Up in the girls' dorm room, I kicked a wooden chair, breaking it. 

"Kaylin, stop," Bonnie told me. 

Having a metal rod, I used it to break a flower vase on the fire place mantel. I turned around, using it to point at Bonnie. "You said you had a plan, Bonnie." 

"I did," Bonnie told me. "I had a Traveler who knew the right spell."

"And you lost her," I told her. 

"I didn't lose her," Bonnie told me. "She was sucked into oblivion like everyone else on the Other Side."

"Then find another one," I told her, trying to keep calm

"It's more than just knowing the spell," Bonnie told me. "Markos was able to come back because dozens of Travelers were willing to sacrifice themselves in order to overwhelm me. I doubt they'll be willing to do that for a bunch of supernatural strangers."

I pointed at her with the rod. "You know who needs motivation?" I walked closer, pointing the rod at her neck. "You need motivation, because if the Other Side goes away, everyone we know there, including you, goes away with it." 

"I know that," Bonnie told me. "Do you think I want to die?" 

"My brother is over there," I told her.

"I know that," Bonnie told me.

"So is Alaric, and so is your Grams," I told her. 

"I know that, Kaylin," Bonnie told me. Tears formed in my eyes, turning away, throwing the rod into the wall behind me. "Listen, you don't have to use your sadness to turn it into anger. That's what's making you dangerous right now."

I looked at her. "That's what's keeping me together right now."

Bonnie looked behind me. "Enzo is here."

I turned toward that direction, but didn't see him. "Well, if it's not Mr. Butterfingers himself. How'd it feel to have your only hope of coming back literally slip through your fingers?" 

"Are you serious?" Bonnie asked. "You found another Traveler?" 

"Well, then get on it!" I told him.

Bonnie nodded to something that I didn't hear. "More or less."

We need a witch to do the spell for the plan. Caroline and Elena went after Liv and Luke. Caroline killed Luke and put him on the Other Side to convince Liv to do the spell to bring him and everyone that we cared about back to this side befor the Other Side fell about completely and forever.