Ch. 9: The Cell

Damon hadn't come home last night.

Damon also wasn't answering his phone in the least.

The last place he had been seen at was in that freaking lab with Dr. Wes. 

No one had heard from him since then, not even Elena. 

I went back to Whitmore, down to the basement in the lab, but it had been cleared out. No one was there.

I sighed, looking around.

There were different vials of medicine and viruses that Damon had used against Wes last night. 

They were empty, all except one.

I picked it up, reading the label.

Ripper virus. 

Oh, hell no.

This thing is what got my brother nearly killed last night. 

I threw it to the floor, stomping on it to break it and make it useless. 

I didn't know how much of that virus that Wes had. 

I looked around, deciding to leave a message. 

I started to push over the different tables and shelves to the floor, trashing the place.

I turned toward the lab table, pushing it to the floor.

It hit the floor on its side with a loud clang.

I turned to the computer, pushing it to the floor, making it break against the floor, sparking as it did.

Turning to the container vials, I picked one up, tossing it to the floor, making it shatter. I picked up another, tossing it to the floor, making it shatter. I picked up another, tossing it to the floor, making it shatter. And I repeated until all of the vials were completely broken and there were nothing left. 

I opened the fridge, looking inside, seeing other things.

I tipped the fridge over, letting it fall to the floor and break. 

I turned to the wall, debating. I bit into my wrist, drawing blood, raising my hand to write on the wall with my own blood. As I did, it would heal until it closed, so I pulled back my wrist and bit it again, continuing to write. And again and again.

I stepped back to look at the message.

WANTED: DAMON SALVATORE

REWARD: MERCY

FAILURE TO GIVE ME WHAT I WANT: YOUR DEATH

MORE INFORMATION, CALL:

       ---KAYLIN SALVATORE

I knew that he wouldn't relent soon, so I would keep coming back, and if I found him here, then I would torture him until he told me where Damon was, and then I would kill him.

But that wasn't going to happen today.

I had waited for hours inside of that lab, and I hadn't been lucky in getting him to come. 

So I went home to get some back-up from Stefan.