05. 𝑨 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇𝒇, 𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒐𝒏𝒆

THESE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS ARE BAD JUST WARNING YOU!!

"ANNE! WAKE up!" Anne Shirley Cuthbert gasped as she opened her eyes. Right in front of her was Diana Barry hovering over her, looking elated to be up so early.

"Were you watching me sleep?" Anne asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Well, you missed it, but it was announced! We don't have to attend any lessons today. They didn't say why but I assume it was a teacher problem." Diana said, gleaming.

"Are we allowed to go into town?" Anne asked, she sat up on her bed, Diana sitting on the edge.

Diana nodded and stood up. She went over to her bed and made it.

"I was thinking we could leave to go to town soon? I want to spend all day there." Diana said. She was already dressed in a beautiful purple dress with lace all around.

"That would be lovely, I'll go put my dress on, and I'll meet you outside?" Anne said, standing up. Diana nodded and left the room.

Anne stretched her arms out as she walked over to what was packed in her suitcase. She looked at what was in it, and chose a plain white blouse with a brown skirt. Simple. Perfect for a day of walking around.

She slipped her clothes on, and looked at her hair in the mirror. It was knotted and messy. Anne decided to leave it down, but of course fixing it up to not look so messy. After she was content with her hair, she put her boots on. She opened her rooms door and stepped into the hallway.

She made her way to the outdoors, exchanging a few "hellos" between people she came across. She opened the door to go outside. She closed it once she stepped out, and saw Diana waiting on the bottom of the steps. Anne walked to Diana, and they started walking forwards.

"Do you know what the others plan to day with their day." Anne asked, and Diana nodded. They opened the gates and stepped out, seeing the streets filled with people, carriages, and horses.

"Ruby said she was going to be with moody. Jane and Tillie are also in town, so we may come across them. I think Josie might have tagged along with ruby and moody. I'm not so sure about it though." Diana said. She looked around for shops, and spotted the dress shop.

"Lets go to the dress shop, Anne!" Anne smiled, and they walked at a faster pace.

Anne's smile shortened a bit when she saw the dresses. There were so many, but they didn't seem like something she would wear. Her thought process was cut off by Diana dragging her into the store.

"There are so many!" Diana said, running towards a baby blue dress. Her eyes glimmered with passion. The dress was beautiful. Anne thought it was one of a kind.

"Pretty." Anne said, tracing the lace on the dress.

"I don't need it. I don't need it. Lets- oh! There's Jane and Tillie!" Diana said, pointing towards the shops window. There stood Jane and Tillie, who were outside the shop laughing with each other.

"Let's go say hello." Anne said. Anne and Diana headed toward the shops exit. Once they were out of the store, they came face to face with Jane and Tillie.

"Hello Jane! Hello Tillie!" Anne said, hugging the two girls one at a time. Diana politely said her "hellos" and hugged the two girls.

"Hello! Me and Jane are just enjoying our day off in town. We figured we ought to spend it right, so here we are!" Tillie said, playing with the gloves on her hands.

"Me and Diana too! Would you guys like to spend the day with us? It would make the day so much more amazing!" Anne said. Tillie laughed and looked at Jane, Jane nodded.

"We would love too!" Jane said, sweetly. The four girls made their way towards the center of town. There were tea shops, dress shops, and practically any kind of shop Anne could imagine.

"So many shops. Where do you start?" Anne asked, a slight grin on her face.

"Anywhere!" Diana exclaimed.

"We don't have that much money Diana..." Anne trailed off.

"It won't hurt to look at things, race you there!" Diana took off, the other girls following in pursuit behind her.

AUTHOR NOTE
Part 2 should come in a few days!