12. 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌

TWO MONTHS LATER

"ANNE! WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS DRESS?" Diana Barry held up another dress whilst Anne internally groaned. Diana had been showing Anne her dresses for the past 15 minutes, trying to decide which one to wear on that day.

"It looks identical to the past 4 you've shown me!" Anne exclaimed, looking away from her books. She was studying for her upcoming exam, and didn't need Diana's distractions.

"No it doesn't! This one has a lace trim on the sleeves. The last one did not, now help me!" Diana pleaded, pulling out another dress, this one being a mint green color. It had gold trimmings on the sleeve, giving it a modest, yet exquisite look. The sleeves were slightly puffed. Diana pulled out the matching hat, it being the same color as the dress with little gold flowers around the rim.

"That one is positively divine, please choose it." Anne said, turning back to her books. Diana nodded taking the dress with her to go get changed.

A few minutes passed by and Diana called Anne's name.

"How does it look?" She asked, twirling around, laughing.

"It looks amazing! You are bound to find a suitor now!" Anne assured, closing her books, deciding she has had enough studying for the day. She knew she was ready to take the exam, so she put her worries aside.

"I suppose so. Me and Jerry are going to stay friends, so I guess I should look into finding a beau. I hope he's handsome and kind." Diana gushed.

"I bet he will be both Diana, but he's going to have to get through me if he is ever unkind to you!" Anne laughed, setting her books on the nearby desk, leaving free space on her bed.

"After classes today, Mrs. Blackmore won't be here. So the girls will be in the parlor, do you want to join us?" Diana asked, getting her belongings together.

"Why not? Although I do expect loads of questions about-"

"Gilbert." Diana finished, a smug smile on her face.

"He's been gone for two months! How many more questions could they possibly have?" Anne groaned, smacking her forehead with her hand.

Every single time Anne and her friends had a chance to speak, if was never ending questions about Anne's new sweetheart. They never ran out of questions, all the way ranging from asking her to explain her feelings for him in the most romantic way she could to what shoes she was wearing the day they kissed.

"Well, I have a few myself. The day before Gilbert left two months ago, you came back with a...interesting look on your face. Do tell what happened." Diana said, crossing her arms across her chest.

Anne's face turned bright red. She jumped off the bed, and grabbed everything she would need for the day. Anne grabbed Diana's hand, and made way towards the door.

"Nothing happened. We must get to our classes now, Diana." Anne reassured, but Diana saw right through her.

"Alright." Diana laughed, letting Anne drag her down the hallway.

Anne rushed to the parlor, trying her best to keep her breathing steady. Corsets were definitely something Anne was not a fan of, only adding another thing to list of Anne's disliking.

"Anne! We've been waiting for you!" Tillie said as Anne made her way into the parlor. She smiled, sitting down near Jane.