six

"she came yesterday night. she felt guilty, so she told me about her mistakes. about everything. she said she regretted it, she said she loves me and she doesn't want us to be apart. when I asked her why she even did it, she looked at me as if she were pure confusion. I was too busy with work, she had said. I didn't had time for her, for the relationship", jungkook explained detailed, a few tears leaving his eyes as he slowly put his arms around your tiny figure, hugging you back.

peacefully, he rested his head on yours, staring blankly at nothing.

he loved lia. he had never imagined himself being so deep in love with someone like he was with lia, so it was a total crash and breakdown when she told him the truth.

being an idol wasn't easy. and it affected many feelings, hopefully, it wouldn't affect you too.

because he wouldn't survive someone leaving him for him trying to reach his dreams, trying to make himself happy anymore.

"I'm not a good boyfriend, am I?", he asked with a broken voice, and you could've sworn you felt a bit of your heart breaking.

this wasn't jungkook. this was a heartbroken version of jungkook.

"no, jungkook. she's not a good girlfriend", you told him softly.

your image of love: no matter what, if two people love each other, they would stay. they would love, accept, give themselves to the other one.

trusting, talking about everything, no hiding of secrets. not even thinking of replacing this person, because this person is all the love you could hold on to.

but this was your image of love, not lia's. and sadly, it seemed like jungkook had the same picture of love in his mind, but got disappointed by someone who categorised "love" in a different way.

"I wasn't a good boyfriend. periodt."
"no, jungkook, that's not true. she was the one cheating, not you. it may be because of your busy schedule, but she has to accept it if she truly loves you and if she wants to be a good girlfriend. you didn't do anything wrong."

silence.
you felt him tightning the hug by pulling you even closer, burring his head in your hair as he tried to control his sobs.

he felt broken. the person he had loved the most had broken him.

"but.. is it over now? between you two?", you asked him worried. you didn't want her to break him even more, no.

"I broke up with her."

His lower voice full of regret and sadness was killing you, especially when he was so close to you.

he broke up with her. the girl who used to look down at you, spat at you, made you feel worthless..

was now out of your life. because jungkook cut things off with her.

shouldn't you be happy?
no, you weren't. maybe a bit relieved, but not happy. because all this caused jungkook to have a breakdown, to cry, to feel unloved and mad about himself - and this, this wasn't what you wanted for him.

he didn't deserve this. he was kind, tried his best to satisfy others, loved every person equally as long as they didn't fuck it up with him or as long as they didn't make his heart beat faster than usual.

"I am sorry, namwaan."
"hm? For what?"

For what was he sorry?
"for.. letting you in? In my life.. Through my carrier, I hurt so many people, and I'm such a disappointme-"
"cut it off, this is not the jungkook I know. this girl makes you so weak and I'm not enjoying it. so, before you tell me more bullshit, we're going to plaster a big, bright smile on your face!"

You knew, you couldn't go outside with him. too many people would recognise him assume he was dating you, which could cause problems by his entertainment. he had explained you this enough times.

so you just took his hand, leaded him towards kitchen and gave him a spoon.

"what?", he asked, confused, chuckling a bit while viewing the spoon, trying to figure out what the fuck you wanted him to do.

wiping his last tears away, he put the spoon aside, watching your actions.

what were you doing?
"namwaan, can I ask.. what are you doing?"

"cooking. with you. for the first time I remember", you replied as your head was in the fridge, trying to find something to cook.

"this is a bad idea, you've never cooked and I'm a bad cooker-"

"that's the fun about it", you smiled at him.

holding ketchup in your hands.

"yeah, big fun..", jungkook chuckled lightly at your cuteness, already knowing he would regret giving in later on.

~♡~

"YOU GOT THE BEST OF ME!", you sang with your whole lung, dancing weirdly while jungkook was preparing the dishes.

"YOU GOT THE BEST OF ME!", you shouted laughing in his ear, making him shrug.

"I didn't know you listen to my music", jungkook laughed.

"people grow bored when they have nothing to do", you told him.

"and now, sing with me, it's fun!"

jungkook, who couldn't say no to you, gladly gave in and sang his verse of the song, while you were just dancing weirdly around - making him crack up.

that's what you wanted.
happiness seemed so beautiful on him, it looked so good on him.
doesn't matter how embarrassed you were.

after that, jungkook and you had decided to eat.
apparently, your cooking result was.. not quite able to eat.

so you two just ordered a pizza.

"do you still feel weird with.. you know, not living on the streets?", jungkook asked you after you two had placed yourself on the couch - not watching TV though, no. you two were just talking, enjoying the time you two had together.

to be honest, jungkook had given himself a free day to cry. cry his eyes out because of lia. he knew, he wasn't able to focus on work.

but how did it turn out?
at first, he was sad.
but when you came home.. you actually made him forget about his heartbreak.

"I'm getting more comfortable and used to it each day, don't worry. the couch is much more comfortable than the doorstep", you laughed.

"good. namwaan, I wanted to ask you something...

"why did you stay at my doorstep? why didn't you go somewhere else?"

- authors note -

a short chapter, sorry.

do you like namwaan's and jungkook's relationship? I know you want them as lovers but NOT SO QUICKLY MA'AM.

I'm gonna ask you some questions now, please answer them! (Your opinion or assumption, nothing is wrong/right)

1. what do you think, how does jungkook feel about namwaan?

2. why did namwaan stay at his doorstep instead of just switching places?

3. do you like jungkook or namwaan more? how do you see them?

that's it! I'm just curious. please comment your answers, thanks :). Love, @koorifics_